No announcement yet.

2011 MLB Season Game Thread: July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pirates bullpen is filled with Marlins rejects in Veras, Leroux and Resop. Sad they let Olsen go.

Comment

• and all three have been pretty good thus far

Comment

• Why are they talking about how short the Rays' bench is? They have a DH? Did some players get injured?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Grady Sizemore has to have broken some kind of record with how many times he goes on the DL.

Comment

• Probably has a while to go to catch up to Chavez, Prior, Wood
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• They've just been on the DL forever. Grady gets activated then DL 20 days later.

Comment

• Chavez was like that for a while IIRC
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• "Willie Mays was the best player I ever saw"

-Vin Scully in the 4th inning of the Dodger game tonight

cool shit

Comment

• The one gripe I have about Willy Mays is that in interviews he says with complete sincerity that, if he wanted to, he could've been more of a power hitter but he simply chose not to. And he implies that hitting for power was just not how he wanted to play the game. I remember hearing him once say, proudly, that he intentionally tried to hit for power once and hit 2-3 out in a single game then he just went back to being a more "complete hitter." it's hard to convey but his tone strikes me as if he sincerely believes that he could've been a consistent 35-50 home run hitter if he wanted to.

That's either delusional or incredibly selfish.

Comment

• Kind of like the people that believe Ichiro could hit 30+ homeruns in a season, yet he chooses not to.

Comment

• Exactly the same thing. Drives me completely nuts. If Ichiro can bang out 30 HRs and he's not doing it, he's a huge asshole. And if the front office believes it too, they are being criminally negligent.

Comment

• Yea, cuz chicks dig the long ball.

Comment

• No, it's because truly unselfish, "helping your team above all else" play means helping the team score as may runs as possible.

Comment

• So your theory is go big or go home?

Comment

• sigh, come on

Comment

Working...
                                X