Dodgers File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

I really don't think there's ever been a "shock" story that was still more or less anticipated. My reaction was more 'wow' than 'what?!'.

Mark Cuban's going to own a baseball team.

My understanding was the deal was not approved because of the belief it compromised on value for the $300 mil upfront.

Comment

His wife is a bitch.

Comment

He is a bitch also

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
          What was the deal behind the Commissioner not approving a media deal that would have kept the Dodgers from doing this?
          In order to stay afloat, McCourt asked the league to approve a TV deal with FOX that would have paid a lot of money upfront. The Commissioner rejected the deal because it would have made the Dodgers to something equivalent to a middle market team. The upfront money would not have been there in the future for payroll. Money was also going to be used for expenses not associated with the team. Something like $10 million would have gone to pay legal fees between the McCourts.

The situation with Dodger Stadium will be interesting. McCourt divided the team into several different entities. The league will succeed in ceasing the team, but the stadium and the surrounding land could be trickier. There is talk that the Dodgers might wait McCourt out and play in Anaheim.

Comment

TMZ is reporting a Dodgers employee went to cash a paycheck and it bounced.

Comment

Working...
            X