No announcement yet.

2011 MLB Season Game Thread: June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of times when I'm bored online, I'll go to Wikipedia and click on the "Random Article" button aand read about the weirdest of crap. So random article took me to Jeff Manto, who was the hitting coach for Pittsburgh in 2006-07. I thought this particular passage was interesting/neat:

During his time as the Pirates hitting coach, Manto saw the future breakout potential of then Pirate, Jose Bautista.[1] According to Keith Olbermann, Manto had said of Bautista, "If we can get him to replicate his swing three days in a row, Jose Bautista could hit 25 homers a year. In fact, I think he could hit 40. He is just so easily frustrated when it doesn’t go right that he blames himself and forgets what he’s learned. Or ignores it. But of all these guys I have, if you want one of them who will eventually do something special in this game, I’d pick him. I wouldn’t be very surprised."
    Last edited by Mainge; 06-29-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Wily Mo is a home run hero.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• He's a fucking prophet.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• supposedly Big Papi is playing first today with Adrian Gonzalez playing RF

Comment

• Uh, what
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

• They struggling on offense so they need some papi.

Comment

• Comment

• Jose Reyes isn't human.

Comment

• That's racist!
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                    X