Rays Sign Wade Davis to Contract Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays Sign Wade Davis to Contract Extension

Wish the Marlins did this type of stuff EARLY with LoMo, Stanton, et al.

The Tampa Bay Rays signed starting pitcher Wade Davis to a four-year extension Thursday.

The contract, which contains three club option years (2015-17), guarantees Davis $12.6 million. If the Rays exercise the three option years, the 25-year-old Davis will make approximately $35.1 million.

Davis
    Davis

"Wade is the type of player and person we want to build around," Rays executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said in a statement. "His work ethic and makeup are extraordinary and he has demonstrated great poise as one of the top rookies in the American League last season. We are excited by the opportunity to watch him continue to grow as an important part of our starting rotation."

In his rookie season in 2010, Davis was 12-10 with a 4.07 ERA in 29 starts. The right-hander led AL rookies in wins and ERA and finished fourth in Rookie of the Year voting.

Davis will donate a portion on his contract to the Rays Baseball Foundation. Evan Longoria, James Shields, Kelly Shoppach and Ben Zobrist are other current Rays who have donated portions of their deals to the team's foundation.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6276687
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I know! Especially with Dontrelle, and Hermida, etc

Comment

I thought the post was just going to say "they get it"

Comment

MK7's avatar made me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          I thought the post was just going to say "they get it"
          I almost wrote just that
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Meh, there is plenty of time for that if they deem it necessary.

Not doing it with Cabrera though...
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Just make sure we do it for Stanton.

Comment

Stanton yes. Lomo, no. No knock on him, but let's let him complete a full season of above-average play.

Comment

Working...
                X