Miguel Cabrera Faces DUI Charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
    The thing is, it was 11pm. Who gets drunk before 11?
    :-o

Comment

On a side note, the best drunkenness is probably when Messenger passed out in front of a school during ST and slept there the entire night through the morning and came to ST half sunburned from sleeping on his side.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Like a boss.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Fort Pierce... yup... only fitting
            CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
              Sad to hear he was drinking blended scotch

Unreal. $20 million a year and he's drinking a blend.

At least he didn't give a breath sample. And from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like he did the Field Sobriety Excercises either. His attorney will be very happy if that's the case.

Comment

Can we add John Heyman to the list of dumb sports personalities?

"He's as down as he can be. He feels terrible,'' Dombrowski said.
                Assuming that's true, that's a good sign. Reports about the arrest suggest he didn't get it (he sported a goofy grin in his mug shot), didn't get the seriousness of the situation or the impact it might have on his family, friends and teammates.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ETMjTU00

Comment

Heyman is also one of those reporters that likes to say there is a 50% chance player X gets dealth when they are in trade rumors. He isn't the only one obviously, but he does it a lot, most recently with Michael Young.

Comment

I just hate people that take stuff like that so seriously. I know I say it a lot, but I don't give a crap what athletes do off the field so long as it doesn't affect their play on the field. It may make me like some players less, or more, but to say that it makes him a bad teammate or player or that he doesn't understand the severity of the situation is just all kinds of dumb.

Comment

Well, driving drunk can have an adverse affect on your on field performance.

See: Josh Hancock.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Well, driving drunk can have an adverse affect on your on field performance.

See: Josh Hancock.
                        Pitching hungover can result in excellent performance.

See: David Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                          Pitching hungover can result in excellent performance.

See: David Wells.
                          Pitching while tripping can result in all-time great performances.

See: Dock Ellis.

Comment

Pitching in the rain can result in horrible numbers.

See: Unoh Hoo

Comment

The Florida state attorney's office released on Wednesday a 41-page report dealing with the incident that saw an intoxicated Miguel Cabrera arrested for driving under the influence and resisting an offer on Feb. 16. Also released was a 911 call along with video, with thesmokinggun.com providing the police report.

Previously, all that was known was Cabrera was discovered on the side of the road next to his disabled Range Rover and was belligerent with officers, requiring handcuffs and several "knee strikes" to get the Tigers slugger to comply.

Wednesday, however, it was revealed that the 27-year-old had an incident prior to his arrest, when he turned up at Cowboys Bar-B-Q & Steak Co. in Ft. Pierce around 10:15 p.m. as the restaurant was being closed. The manager, Fletcher Nail was speaking with an off-duty wildlife officer named Kyle Patterson when Cabrera walked in, reeking of alcohol. Nail and Patterson allege that Cabrera pointed to his shoulder bag while saying "I know all of you, and I will kill all of you and blow this place up."

Why he was unhappy exactly is unclear, but when you're as drunk as Cabrera was, anything can set you off, including the news that a restaurant is closing for the night.

Nail finally convinced Cabrera to leave, but not before the first baseman said you don't know me," leaned near his face and said "I will kill you," patting his shoulder bag again.

Then came the altercation with officers on the side of the road, where Cabrera told police to shoot him and drank in front of the officers. "F---ing shoot me. Kill me," Cabrera is reported to have said, before continuing on. "Do you know who I am?" he asked the officers. "I'm Miguel Cabrera. I play for the Detroit Tigers. You don't know my family."

Just sad news all around to hear more of Cabrera's unfortunate night. He is currently undergoing treatment, and a contrite Cabrera addressed the incident days later. He previously had an incident at the end of the 2009 season when he blew a .26 BAC and got in a fight with his wife, necessitating a 911 call. He later apologized for his actions and by all accounts had successfully managed his alcohol problem... until the fateful night of Feb. 16.
                              http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbsspor...97882/27826677

Comment

"I know all of you, and I will kill all of you and blow this place up."
                                Ehe

Comment

Working...
                                X