Ichiro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ichiro

Don't know if admins want to move this thread elsewhere but....

According to CBSsportsline

Ichiro hasnt has not gone two consecutive games without a hit since Aug 13-15 2008....span of 144 games, longest streak since 1954 (Earl Sheely).

Wow. This guy doesnt recieve enough credit.

STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

"I would say it's the end of the world as we know it. If Ichiro is worth
    $20 million a year, I am speechless by that contract, I'm hoping that report is
    false. Because there's no chance that a top of the lineup, forget that,
    there's no chance anybody is worth that. And Ichiro, who's led his team to
    zero? Nothing? I hope you're wrong, Dan [LeBatard]... It'll take the
    sport down, that contract. Right back to the ridiculous contracts.
    It can't be... Well, sign Ichiro to $20 million for five years it's a joke, it's
    inexcuseable, it's complete mismanagement. It can't be true."

Comment

I think I've heard that before but who said it? David Sampson right?
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

yup

one of my fave ballplayers. he is amazing. shows no signs of slowing down, he's probably going to reach 3000 hits easy after putting up almost 1500 in japan

and supposedly he has good power too, but doesn't use it because that's not how he is needed. people have said when his speed diminishes he'll probably hit home runs and drop in the order.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

And he giggles like a little kid when Griffey tickles him.

Comment

his OPS is 860+ this year! Shit, I didnt even know that. Has never had a season under
            .300 BA
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I would go ghey for Ichiro. The stick, the glove, the arm. He's got it all.

Comment

He and Pujols might easily be the top two hitters in our generation. Not to mention Ichiro's defense in the OF rivals Clemente. First ballot HOF IMO even without the Japanese stats.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                  yup

one of my fave ballplayers. he is amazing. shows no signs of slowing down, he's probably going to reach 3000 hits easy after putting up almost 1500 in japan

and supposedly he has good power too, but doesn't use it because that's not how he is needed. people have said when his speed diminishes he'll probably hit home runs and drop in the order.
                  The Mariners have had a garbage line up for several years now. If he didn't show his power then, he doesn't have it.

Comment

Yeah being able to hit big home runs in BP is one thing, being able to do it in a game is another.

Still a great hitter, though.

Comment

Ich is for me

Comment

Ichiro just made the sickest throw home to nail the runner in a scoreless game in Seattle.

Comment

Working...
                        X