Fredi Gonzalez to Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredi Gonzalez to Atlanta

ATLANTA, Ga. - FOX 5 Sports has learned that Fredi Gonzalez will be named the new manager of the Atlanta Braves, succeeding longtime skipper Bobby Cox. A source confirmed the news to FOX 5’s Ken Rodriguez on Tuesday evening.

Gonzalez was most recently the manager of the Florida Marlins before being fired during the summer. Prior to that, he was the Braves third base coach from 2003-2006, and a minor league manager in the Braves' system in 2002. Gonzalez is also a confidant of Bobby Cox.

News of Gonzalez's hiring is sure to be well received by the Braves family.
    http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/spor...er-20101012-es

Gee, that's a shock. I'm happy for Fredi, though.

Comment

He was going to leave anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        He was going to leave anyways.
        We gave him the ol' "Dump her before she dumps you." A distant cousin of "Quit before you're fired."

Comment

Good for Fredi

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
            We gave him the ol' "Dump her before she dumps you." A distant cousin of "Quit before you're fired."
            Still preferable to "I love you like a brother, I wouldn't want dating to ruin our relationship".
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Ahhh the Fip. An oldie, but a goodie.

Comment

I look forward to him managing against the fish 17+ times a year.

Comment

I can't wait until the "promising young manager" botches a double switch in Atlanta.

Comment

Less than two weeks after Gonzalez was fired by the Marlins, he was at Wren’s lake cabin in east Alabama for a daylong interview. A few days later, team president John Schuerholz met with Gonzalez. Finally, in September, the top two Braves officials held one more formal interview with Gonzalez and knew they had the right guy.

“This is perfect for us on so many levels,” said general manager Frank Wren, who didn’t even bother interviewing another candidate.
                    Braves waste no time, Gonzalez hired to replace Cox
                    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 10-13-2010, 07:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Frank Wren, who didn’t even bother interviewing another candidate.
                      Braves gon get fined?

And why does someone who makes a million dollars a year have a cabin in Alabama?

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                        Braves gon get fined?
                        Don't think so. Fredi's a minority.

Comment

Working...
                        X