• 2010 ALDS: Tampa Bay Rays V. Texas Rangers

V.
    AL Eastern Division Champions | AL Western Division Champions
    2nd Postseason Appearance | 4th Postseason Appearance

A team with no fans vs. a team with this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqSUCKetAPk[/ame]

Ugh

Comment

I may drive to Tampa to watch some postseason baseball, but apparently if I order food at Tropicana Field, I will get AIDs.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

baseball bloomin' onion is pretty legit
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I thought about driving up but there is no game on Saturday.

Comment

yeah I'm really hoping they make the CS so that I can go down for games 1/2.

If there were a Rays/Braves World Series I'd be in a prime position to go to a bunch of games. I'd also go broke in the process.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

The ground rules for the cat walks were changed for the playoffs:

The Rays won't be playing in a new ballpark when the playoffs open on Wednesday, but they will be playing on a field with new ground rules.

Major League Baseball announced Monday that new rules governing balls that hit two of the catwalks over the field will be effective immediately. If a ball hits either the "A" or "B" ring, the two highest catwalks, it will be a dead ball and the pitch does not count. Previously, the ball would be ruled fair or foul based on where it hit the ground or was touched by a fielder.

There was hardly an epidemic of balls hitting the upper catwalks. According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, there have been 27 fair balls hitting those catwalks in 13 seasons. Of course, every time it did happen it caused embarrassment for the Rays and baseball, including a game that the Twins won with the help of such a hit earlier this season.

There was also a change regarding the lower, or "C" and "D," catwalks. Balls hitting the lower two catwalks in fair territory will be ruled a home run. Under the previous rule, there was space for a determination about whether or not those balls were doubles or home runs.

It's a sensible solution, although not an ideal one. Unfortunately, the bid for a new stadium that doesn't need ridiculous rules governing catwalks overhanging a baseball field isn't going anywhere and the Rays are still stuck playing in a building that isn't suited for the game.

This is better than what came before, because the thought of a playoff game turning on a ball hit off a catwalk is one that turns the stomach. Let's be honest, though, there was no way for anything to be any worse so this is barely a step in the right direction.

Comment

I'd like to go, but the games conflict with my class schedule.

This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I'll send you my notes for that day

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                    I'd like to go, but the games conflict with my class schedule.

Class or baseball playoffs. C'mon. Common.

Comment

I'll take the Clawdads.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

yea, gimme Hamildood

Comment

Rangers in four. Lee + Wilson + sick lineup = series victory.

Comment

Jorge Cantu to the ALCS? I think yes.

Comment

He will not get a hit

Comment

Working...
                              X