No announcement yet.

2010 ALDS: Minnesota Twins V. New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't help but wonder how this series would have played out had Ron LOLenhire not managed his way out of a win in Game 1.

Comment

Danny Valencia went to our high school.

Comment

Yes he did.

Comment

He was just a little boy when he was in my class.

Then he got much bigger like Gaby Sanchez

Comment

Great performance by Hughes tonight and ALCS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DColtsfan1819 View Post
              Great performance by Hughes tonight and ALCS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALCS? World Series is a lock.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5663624

Yanks not worried by 'Bloomberg Jinx'Email Print Comments40 By Ian Begley
              Special to ESPNNewYork.com
              Archive
              NEW YORK, NY -- Baseball is a sport full of superstition, but none of the Yankees seem to be worried about a potential "Bloomberg Jinx" after New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show that he was already planning the Yankees' World Series parade.

"I'm sort of trying to figure out where the parade should start," the mayor said Friday on his weekly radio show on WOR-AM. "We have to plan."

Most Yankees appreciated Bloomberg's optimism but noted that they have plenty of work to do before they can soak in a ticker-tape celebration of title No. 28.

"I hope the mayor is right," said manager Joe Girardi, "I imagine there's a lot of planning that goes into something like that. And they just can't do it overnight."

They need nine postseason wins overall to claim their second straight World Series crown.

"I like where his head's at," Nick Swisher said of Bloomberg. "But we've got a lot of work to do."

Swisher added that he appreciates the mayor's confidence.

"It just goes to show you what the mind-set is here. And it's a great mind-set to have," Swisher said. "We're all for it."

The Yankees can sweep the Twins with a win on Saturday night in Game 3 of the ALDS.

When asked about Bloomberg's premature parade planning, Derek Jeter said he was focused solely on Saturday's game.

"We're trying to win [Saturday] night," Jeter said. "That's what our mind-set is."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman echoed Jeter's sentiment.

"No one here is planning for anything like that," Cashman said. "We're just planning for Game 3 of the division series. And it's as simple as that. That stuff [is] not entering in any of our minds.

"We don't want to disappoint him," Cashman added. "But more importantly we don't want to disappoint our fans. So I know they have the same hopes we have. But we've got a long way to go."

If the Yankees fall short of winning the World Series, some fans are likely to point to the mayor's comments Friday as some kind of jinx or hoax. But that's not how Curtis Granderson sees it.

The Yankees center fielder has "no problem" with Bloomberg's optimism, but noted that it's easy to look ahead when you don't have to pick up a bat or put on a glove.

"[Bloomberg's] not playing, so it's good to be optimistic and it's real easy to do that when you're not playing. That's where being a fan is exciting because you always want your team to do well," said Granderson, who went 3-for-4 with a run scored in the Yankees' 5-2 win Thursday night in Game 2 in Minneapolis. "I've got no problem with that side of things. But at the same time [the players] are very realistic ... we know there's a lot of work to be done."

Ian Begley is a regular contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.

Comment

I hope the Yankees play the Rangers, would make for some great matchups and Hamilclaw's return to NY. Dangerousssssssssssss!
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I hate Bloomberg.

Comment

Working...
                  X