No announcement yet.

Johan Santana: Rapist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National League: Johan Santana: Rapist?

Mets ace Johan Santana was accused of sexual battery on a woman on October 28, 2009, according to reports obtained by TMZ.

The police report states that Santana had intercourse with an unidentified woman on a golf course despite the woman repeatedly saying no. The woman's clothes were collected as evidence.

After police and the state prosecutor reviewed the evidence, the case was dropped. "There was not enough evidence to prove lack of consent, the alleged victim's statement is not consistent with other witnesses," the prosecutor notes in a Sheriff's document.

Santanta's representative said that the pitcher denied the charges and considers the case closed. He is 5-4 with a 3.31 ERA over 15 starts on the season for the Mets, who are 1 1/5 games behind the Braves for first place.

UPDATE : Johan Santana issued a statement prior to Wednesday's game:

"I will make a statement and hopefully, I will make myself clear. I'm aware of this situation. What I can tell you is that police had investigated these claims last year and I was never charged with anything and the case is closed. Unfortunately, at this time, that is all I can say. I have no further comments."

The Mets also stated they were aware of the incident, and that it was of a personal nature.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e....mlb;headlines

Interesting, nonetheless.

Whatever happened to Ramon Castro? He was on the Mets there for a while.

Comment

He's on the White Sox.

Comment

Hopefully he's not still rapin'.

Comment

How can you say no to that goatee?
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Apparently that girl did.

Comment

Working...
            X