Miguel Olivo is a Badass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Olivo is a Badass

Tough? You want tough? We take you to the eighth inning of the Rockies-Diamondbacks game Monday night, when Miguel Olivo passed a kidney stone in the bathroom adjacent to the dugout.

The amazing part is what he did a few minutes later. He strapped on his catching gear and returned to his croutch behind home plate.

“Believe me, it’s not fun,” said Olivo. “Sometimes, when I’ve got that thing, I just want to die. But I can handle pain a little bit. Once it’s gone, I’m notmal, I’m good. Let’s play baseball.”

Olivo has learned to live with the condition ever since he began experiencing kidney stones in 2003 while playing for the White Sox. But passing a stone during a game and acting as if he walked into the clubhouse to get a new catcher’s mitt?

“Come on,” said Olivo. “After I passed it, I don’t even feel it anymore. I don’t feel anything. It’s like crazy.”

Olivo has amazed his teammates with his tough-guy tactics. To wit: Olivo took a nasty foul tip off his shoulder during Tuesday’s game, prompting Rockies manager Jim Tracy to come out of the dugout to check on him.

Moments later, the two were laughing it up. What gives?

Said Tracy: “When I went out there to check on him, I asked if it (the foul tip) knocked anything else loose that I need to know about.”
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...nt-stop-olivo/

Did he play before he passed it? Now that would be something pretty fucking impressive. As someone who has dealt with kidney stones, I can attest to the fact that as soon as they're passed the pain is gone immediately, and you feel as good as ever.

Comment

Tell Miguel to cool it on the soda. Damn.

I'm so glad I've never had to deal with kidney stones. Ugh.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

The thread title does not lie.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Did he play before he passed it? Now that would be something pretty fucking impressive.
          Box score indicates that he had 4 at bats during Monday's 9 inning game, so yeah, he did.

Comment

That's..wow.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
              Box score indicates that he had 4 at bats during Monday's 9 inning game, so yeah, he did.
              Jesus.

Comment

Kidney stones seem like they would be one of the most unpleasant things ever.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                X