Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Buck Signs 4 Year Extension with FOX

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY

Joe Buck tells USA TODAY he has a new four-year contract to serve as Fox Sports' lead announcer for its Major League Baseball and NFL coverage. His previous four-year deal expired in February.

"We're gearing up for baseball season," Buck says.

MMA BLOG: More on Lidell-Ortiz

Fox Sports president Ed Goren confirmed the deal, saying: "We're thrilled to have the voice of Fox Sports and one of the best broadcasters in the business with us for the next four years."

The renewal will keep the 40-year-old Buck on the microphone through 2014. The network's MLB and NFL TV rights run through 2013 and 2014, respectively. Buck says he's also talking to Fox Sports chief David Hill about developing a show similar to Joe Buck Live, which was cancelled Monday by HBO Sports after only three episodes. The proposed show could air on Fox or a cable network like FX.

Buck has served as Fox's lead play-by-play announcer for baseball, teaming with Tim McCarver, since 1996. He's held same job for NFL games since 2002 working with Troy Aikman. The son of late St. Louis Cardinals announcer Jack Buck was hired by Fox to call NFL games at age 25.

"I'm smart enough to realize I'm lucky to be doing what I'm doing," he says. "There are people who'd line up around Manhattan to do what I'm doing. I'm fully content and honored to get this chance with Fox for another four years."

MLB taps Rose:

Chris Rose debuts as a new studio host for MLB Network Friday. Rose will be part of the network's 14 hours of live Opening Day coverage Monday. He'll continue his baseball work on Fox as a pregame host and play-by-play announcer.

Iceman cometh:

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell, arguably the most popular fighter in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, returns to Spike TV for tonight's premiere of The Ultimate Fighter (10 p.m. ET).

Liddell and Tito Ortiz will coach teams of mixed martial artists on the show's 11th season. The two former champs, who don't get along, are expected to square off in a UFC pay-per-view bout after the last episode. Liddell's looking forward to starting his Octagon comeback against Ortiz, who he's beaten twice. "This has gone from being a tune-up fight for me to me really wanting to hurt him," Liddell says.
    http://ow.ly/1t8nV

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wow, Chris Rose on MLB Network sounds whorible

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

DO NOT WANT!
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Comment

Not shocked but very sorry to hear this.

He's a terrible baseball broadcaster and he knows it.

Comment

I think you guys are overreacting to this news.

Be like Joe Buck, and underplay every big event.
                poop

Comment

Working...
                X