No announcement yet.

Papi and Manny Test Positive for PED in 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never understood why people say Griffey.

Are his and arod's early career much different? When he was getting hurt every other week, why wouldn't he have at least tried them?

Just doesn't make sense to me. I seem to be one of the few people who says they think Griffey probably took them (at least as much probably as anyone else). Seems like wishful thinking to me because we want to collectively protect his image.
    poop

Comment

I've been having this argument RE: Ortiz with my mother for months now. She always gets riled up and annoyed when I suggest he may have been roiding. But fuckin' A it was obvious... I shall proceed to rub this information directly into her face.
      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Not shocked because most players were probably using steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          I never understood why people say Griffey.

Are his and arod's early career much different? When he was getting hurt every other week, why wouldn't he have at least tried them?

Just doesn't make sense to me. I seem to be one of the few people who says they think Griffey probably took them (at least as much probably as anyone else). Seems like wishful thinking to me because we want to collectively protect his image.
          Griffey's body suggests he never took steroids. The stuff implicating Bonds even suggest that they went separate ways when Bonds took PEDs. I'd be shocked if Griffey used roids. He was always in it for love of the game, and from day one never needed any help kickin' ass.

Comment

You can be in it for the love of the game and still take roids

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
              Griffey's body suggests he never took steroids. The stuff implicating Bonds even suggest that they went separate ways when Bonds took PEDs. I'd be shocked if Griffey used roids. He was always in it for love of the game, and from day one never needed any help kickin' ass.
              I think you underestimate some people's competitive desires, even if they do it for the love of the game.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

How does Griffey's body suggest he didn't use?
                poop

Comment

I'm always amused that everyone assumes that people that use steroids are freaks of nature.

Alex Sanchez was the first guy busted for steroids. Come on, people.
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

And don't kid yourself, I met griffey in 06 and he was a big, barrell chested mother fucker.

He was never Bonds, but Griffey was a big dude.

I just don't see any reason why he wouldn't have taken steroids in 01-03 to try and recover from those injuries.
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                      Except for when he was getting injured left and right, and loved the game so much, and respected the investment the Reds made so much, that he'd do whatever he reasonably could to get back on the field
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        And don't kid yourself, I met griffey in 06 and he was a big, barrell chested mother fucker.

He was never Bonds, but Griffey was a big dude.

I just don't see any reason why he wouldn't have taken steroids in 01-03 to try and recover from those injuries.

Don't kid yourself, a close friend of mine is family friends with the Griffeys, and Jr. is anything but a typical "big, barrell chested mother fucker."

Comment

I choose to believe Griffey is/was clean

which if true... is dumb... he shoulda taken em

Comment

Im sorry, I didn't meet Ken griffey jr, you are right, madman
                            poop

Comment

Working...
                            X