Papi and Manny Test Positive for PED in 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American League: Papi and Manny Test Positive for PED in 2003

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

The two were key members of the Boston Red Sox World Series teams in 2004 and 2007.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

Big shock that Ortiz tested positive.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sp...g.html?_r=1&hp

NY Times Article
    Last edited by FishFanInPA; 07-30-2009, 11:56 AM.

Not surprising.

Comment

Yeah I will toss and turn all night tonight in disbelief that Ortiz tested positive.

Comment

Remember when JJ would get angry on that unnamed board when someone suggested that Papi took roids?

Comment

So the Twins were partially right.

Comment

color me shocked

Comment

We're not gonna do the ARod thing?

Comment

Just release the whole fucking list, this is total bullshit for the players being leaked.
                poop

Comment

So then why should all of them be leaked?

Comment

Because someone is obviously just milking it for the most press they can get.

I don't think it is unfai that their names are coming out, I think it's unfair that their names are coming out only because it creates headline. When the list comes out and like Brian banks is on it, it won't fit into the storyline, so why release him anyways.
                    poop

Comment

I'm not surprised and I'm not bothered. Everyone cheating = level playing field = fine with me.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I like people who say they would be surprised if Ken Griffey and Derek jeter came out as users, and that's it.

Yes, very surprising that ultra competitive people with millions of dollars on the line would do whatever they reasonably could to improve. There is literally nobody I would be surprised about.
                        poop

Comment

I like that you like that. I do not enjoy people who get surprised and angry about this stuff

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if The Machine tested positive either. Like Fritz said though, whatevs. MLB needs to move on.

Comment

Pujols testing positive for roids would not be the least bit surprising to me.

I think the only players that I would be surprised about taking roids would be Greg Maddux and Griffey. Even then I wouldn't be upset, I'd accept it for what it is.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X