Peter Gammons Leaves ESPN, Joins NESN and MLB Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Gammons Leaves ESPN, Joins NESN and MLB Network

Baseball Hall of Fame journalist Peter Gammons has decided to pursue new endeavors and will no longer be a contributor to ESPN after this week’s winter meetings.

Said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president, production: "As a print journalist moving to television, Peter was a pioneer who became a Hall of Famer. His contributions to ESPN will never be forgotten. We're sad to see Peter go, but understand his desire for new challenges and a less demanding schedule."

Said Gammons: “My decision to leave ESPN and move on at this point in my life has been conflicted. I owe a great deal of my professional life to ESPN, having spent more than half of my 40 years in journalism working for the network, and the choice to move on was made with nothing but the strongest feelings for the people with whom I worked. ESPN gave me a great deal more than I gave it, and will always be a huge part of who I am."
    Will his dartboard of trade rumors that he uses be available for sale too?

I liked Peter Gammons.

Comment

he's going to be a full time musician

/hopes that isn't true
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Huge win for MLB Network.

Gammons, Rosenthal and Costas for analysis.

Comment

Great read here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/column...ter&id=4734773

His farewell address I guess you could call it. Very sad to see him leaving ESPN, he provided the best insight into the feeling of clubhouses and their players. Im not sure you can find someone who knows more baseball's participants (players, managers, front offices) than Peter Gammons. Maybe something we may not be exposed to for a while now.
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

At first, I thought he was done completely but once I heard he was moving over to MLB network it finalized my transition to them and to never put baseball tonight on ever again. Gammons was the only reason I would watch BT but now I get to see Harold Reynolds and Gammons on the same channel again <3.

Comment

I dont have MLB network
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                At first, I thought he was done completely but once I heard he was moving over to MLB network it finalized my transition to them and to never put baseball tonight on ever again. Gammons was the only reason I would watch BT but now I get to see Harold Reynolds and Gammons on the same channel again <3.
                I have not seen a single baseball program on ESPN since Jan 1st, 2009

Comment

I hope NESN puts him in the broadcast booth with Jerry Remy. That'd be coo'

/MLB Networks not da only club he joined
                  *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

I met Gammons at Roger Dean in 2003. I got him to sign my shirt. I love the guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X