• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees-Tigers-D-Backs Blockbuster Three-way

Yankees looking at Granderson's medical records

Those damn yankees.
    --------------------
    From Buster Olney: Source with knowledge of negotiations says Granderson deal is close to being completed.
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

not platooning Granderson would be silly by the Yankees
      --------------------
      assuming medicals clear, the trade is a go
      Last edited by Ramp; 12-08-2009, 12:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Fuck! I like Austin Jackson, he has promise and will be cheaper than Granderson. I hate when we make these stupid trades.

Comment

Can someone explain to me why you'd trade Max Schezer for Edwin Jackson, when he's a better pitcher and making less money?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Can someone explain to me why you'd trade Max Schezer for Edwin Jackson, when he's a better pitcher and making less money?
            No idea. I mean they are getting Ian Kennedy as well but Scherzer has more potential and already is better than both of those guys. It's like they went for quantity over quality.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by DColtsfan1819 View Post
              Fuck! I like Austin Jackson, he has promise and will be cheaper than Granderson. I hate when we make these stupid trades.
              Without knowing who else is involved, this seems like a good trade.

Comment

Just another lefty bat to abuse that RF HR paradise.

Comment

Trade is

Yankees-Curtis Granderson
                  DBacks-Jackson and Ian Kennedy
                  Tigers-Max Scherzer,Dan Schlereth,Austin Jackson,Phil Coke

Could include other prospects(low level guys tho)
                  --------------------
                  Yankees get Starting CF,D backs get 2 SP,Tigers get 3 young arms and a young CF(PLUS saves money)
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2009, 01:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

idiotic trade for the Yankees. Now they really have nothing left in their system.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      idiotic trade for the Yankees. Now they really have nothing left in their system.
                      uh

who cares about the system?

Granderson is amazing and they gave up nobody special

Comment

uh

with the yankees' resources they can sign every expensive high school/international talents and it will be back within years
                        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                        Tom Koehler(4-0)
                        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

It kind of makes sense if the Dbacks are in win-now mode while Webb/Haren are still around. Jackson will likely give comparable production with more innings per start and less injury risk (Schrezer still working through control problems + huge innings bump), and Kennedy added saves some millions on a 4/5 FA starter that can be used on an impact bat.
                          Sanchez life

Comment

uh

I hope they don't let Granderson play against lefties

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how this trade makes sense for any team, unless the Yankees can turn around and package Granderson and like Phil Hughes for Halladay and Wells (don't count this out, they may be the only team that'd take Vernon's atrocious contract).

I mean, I agree with nny, Scherzer is by far the best pitcher in this trade, yet somehow he's traded for another pitcher. Granderson's just not that good, he's a platoon player who doesn't get on base very well (this is a big time case of falling in love with the long ball), and the Tigers kind of entered baseball purgatory; they're going to pay a heck of a lot of money to be good enough to not go anywhere but not bad enough to get that 3 or 5 year rebuilding plan well under way. I just don't see the rationale for any team involved; not even the Yankees...if I'm them, I hold onto Jackson and sign Mike Cameron.

Comment

Working...
                              X