The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Todd Hollandsworth: "With Telis, the more at bats he's been getting, the better he looks."

I don't think so.
    That was the best contact he's made in over a week.

Comment

• I honestly don't think this team has the pitching to go on a long winning streak and make a deep run, but, for what it's worth, the Rockies lead the second wildcard and I don't think they're very good either. Their starting pitching isn't all that impressive. They had a very good first half and won a lot of one-run games early on because their bullpen was dominant, but that hasn't been the case lately. Starting with their closer, Greg Holland, who's actually been terrible lately.

Basically, I think this team is rather mediocre, but, if you look at it, so is our competition. The Brewers are the other team still ahead of us, and they were supposed to be a last place team this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        That would be the last of my worries. Getting a quality pitcher is mroe important. Look at Dickey's last 10 starts on espn. Innings eater. He isnt an ace but he would be a huge improvment
        I wasn't saying I'm against it - I think he'd definitely help, both in his starts and by helping the bullpen by going deeper into games, just bringing up a point.

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        Todd Hollandsworth: "With Telis, the more at bats he's been getting, the better he looks."

I don't think so.
        Yeah I've liked Todd a lot this year, but I don't know what games he's been watching if he thinks Telis is getting better.

Comment

• Thought that ball was gone off the bat, but just a routine flyball out.

1 out in the 9th.

- - - - - - - - - -

We won! 1-2-3 for The Unicorn! Ziegler is 9-for-9 with a 0 ERA this month lol.

Comment

• Lol amazing! Over.500

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              Being at the park tonight makes me realize how fun this park would be in a playoff atmosphere, especially with the roof closed it'd be really loud. It's a decent crowd too for a game against the Padres. They've been into the game too.
              I thought the same thing when i went to the ASG. This team deserves big crowds, playoffs or no playoffs, down the stretch. Love this team and their passion.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              I wasn't saying I'm against it - I think he'd definitely help, both in his starts and by helping the bullpen by going deeper into games, just bringing up a point.

Yeah I've liked Todd a lot this year, but I don't know what games he's been watching if he thinks Telis is getting better.
              I know, wasnt trying to start an argument. Just saying that that is something you figure out later. We need pitching over a knuckleball catcher.

- - - - - - - - - -

Rockies lose. 4.5 out!!!!!!

Comment

• For what it's worth, Phelps blew a hold opportunity tonight, and AJ Ramos is struggling in Washington.

Maybe the best thing that happened this year is that the team gave the illusion that they were sellers in July to help the farm system a bit, and now they've put it together in August. We're over .500 finally, and our farm system looks a bit better than it did a month ago.

Comment

• Get Brian Anderson up tomorrow, make a move for a starter (Dickey), and call up Peters mid-next week. Make a run at this thing.

Comment

• Guys, I BELIEVE.

Do you BELIEVE?

Rockies lose

Cardinals are losing

Is the FO watching?

Make a MOVE for the starting rotation.

Comment

• Very early in both games but cards and dbacks both losing right now

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't see Peters happening. They'd rather trust a known shitty guy than an unknown guy. They've been doing it for years at every position.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I wish the wild card playoff was a 3 game series instead of a single game. I get that it's supposed to make winning the division more important, but your entire season could come down to a single error because it's one game.

Comment

I wish the wild card playoff was a 3 game series instead of a single game. I get that it's supposed to make winning the division more important, but your entire season could come down to a single error because it's one game.
                          Agreed. I've been saying this for 3 years. Best of 3 is perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            Get Brian Anderson up tomorrow, make a move for a starter (Dickey), and call up Peters mid-next week. Make a run at this thing.
                            The more I look at it, the more I don't understand why Anderson isn't up here already. How is he not an improvement over Telis/Moore? It's pretty obvious what needs to be done in this case.

Comment

I wish the wild card playoff was a 3 game series instead of a single game. I get that it's supposed to make winning the division more important, but your entire season could come down to a single error because it's one game.
                              I agree. It's kind of ridiculous that its not. I wish they would create an incentive for getting the best record in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                I agree. It's kind of ridiculous that its not. I wish they would create an incentive for getting the best record in the league.
                                Well he was on the DL. I understand making sure he's healthy. He went deep tonight. That's good enough for me, get him up here.

Comment

Working...
                                X