The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    Ozuna needs to hit a bomb or double in the gap.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did it!!!!!!!

Comment

• fuck yes ozuna. Felt it!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

huge fucking hit!!!!!

Comment

• Wow! What a fucking bomb!

Comment

• 6 outs. lets fucking go.

- - - - - - - - - -

God damn imagine this team with Jose Fernandez and not trading Ramos and Phelps cause were in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            6 outs. lets fucking go.

- - - - - - - - - -

God damn imagine this team with Jose Fernandez and not trading Ramos and Phelps cause were in it.
            Jose would be having a lot of fun right now.

Comment

• We've got 2 guys on pace for over 38 hr's and 130 RBI's. That is unreal. And Bour was on pace for that too before he got hurt. This offense deserves a front office who goes after pitching nonstop the entire offseason and gives them a chance to compete next season.

Comment

• He's considered overpaid because he has no power, but I love Dee Gordon.

Comment

• Dee is the ignitor.

Comment

6 outs. lets fucking go.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have to think we'd easily be leading the wild card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      He's considered overpaid because he has no power, but I love Dee Gordon.
                      he is overpaid but i love his passion and hes great defensively. To me, if he could play a great SS he would be an obviously keeper. the only problem IMO is that he plays a position that is now very dominated by a lot more power hitters than it has been traditionally and our SS rojas has 0 power as well. One of the things we need to solve in the offseason is finding a SS who can give us 15-20 HR's a year. I dont have any options in mind, but that is an issue. I love rojas, but more as a super utility great glove guy, not an everyday guy.

Comment

I don't know about easily leading, but we'd probably be right there. Jose is definitely worth at least a 5 game difference at this point.

Comment

agreed. stinks, but ill always remember where i was reading andy slater's fucking tweet first thing in the morning and not believing it. just a tragedy.

Comment

• We need pitching so bad
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

he is overpaid but i love his passion and hes great defensively. To me, if he could play a great SS he would be an obviously keeper. the only problem IMO is that he plays a position that is now very dominated by a lot more power hitters than it has been traditionally and our SS rojas has 0 power as well. One of the things we need to solve in the offseason is finding a SS who can give us 15-20 HR's a year. I dont have any options in mind, but that is an issue. I love rojas, but more as a super utility great glove guy, not an everyday guy.
                              I wonder if Dee could play a passable SS if given the opportunity. He seems to have enough range and arm strength to play the position. He played a couple games there this year and didn't look that bad. I think it's worth a shot if Prado comes back this year to let Dee play SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                I don't know about easily leading, but we'd probably be right there. Jose is definitely worth at least a 5 game difference at this point.
                                100%. Just think of the difference, obviously given health, of having the likes of Jose pitching rather than Worley, Koehler, Nicolino, etc. Or just trading Jose and getting guys like kopech, Moncada, etc. sucks.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                I wonder if Dee could play a passable SS if given the opportunity. He seems to have enough range and arm strength to play the position. He played a couple games there this year and didn't look that bad. I think it's worth a shot if Prado comes back this year to let Dee play SS.
                                ive been saying move dee to SS for the better part of a few years now. The gap in Dee not being a passable SS as compared to the offensive improvement we could find from the 2b position is worth it to me. Even if he is at worst below average at SS. Talking about net gains, and to me that is a significant net gain. I was looking at Danny Espinosa recently. Would have maybe been a worthwhile addition.

My preference for the offseason would be Dee at SS, Prado being traded or moved to 2b, and Rojas as a super utility great glove guy. Net positive for the lineup and team as a whole IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X