No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like R.A. Dickey for us right now but they have a chronically injured lefty they're paying $18 million rehabbing right now and I'm sure they think he's going to rescue the rotation.

Comment

• Chen in this rotation if healthy is an upgrade. He would be extremely helpful, as disappointing as he has been from a value standpoint for his contract.

- - - - - - - - - -

If, however, Chen is only throwing 1 IP in his first rehab game today, he is nowhere near returning relative to how much time is left in the season. Peters and Dickey and I would make us close to a playoff team, IMO. We will not make is if we keep the status quo though.

Comment

• Is Peters back to 100% after the fracture? If yes, are they waiting until September 1 to bring him up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Is Peters back to 100% after the fracture? If yes, are they waiting until September 1 to bring him up?
          He has been fantastic since he came back. He is ready. I would think they wouldnt be so patient when that would mean another start apiece for Worley and Nicolino but who knows.

- - - - - - - - - -

And he's not pitching tomorrow cause he just started the game for Jax this afternoon that started at 5:05. Who knows what this front office is doing.

Comment

• What's with the uniforms for both teams tonight?

Comment

• Aviles and Moore in the lineup tonight. What is going on?

Comment

• Oh right players weekend. Didn't realize they were changing the jerseys too for it.

Comment

• Stanton! 48!

462 feet and 118mph off the bat.
                  Last edited by rmc523; 08-25-2017, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Stanton! Absolutely ridiculous power. He's gonna get 60. Great start.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Dillon Peters tonight, 6.2, 7 K's, 0 runs, 2 walks, 4 hits. He needs to be up here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Like the idea of these jerseys but they are pretty ugly. Also I have no idea who most of these players are.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Stanton! Absolutely ridiculous power. He's gonna get 60. Great start.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, Dillon Peters tonight, 6.2, 7 K's, 0 runs, 2 walks, 4 hits. He needs to be up here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Like the idea of these jerseys but they are pretty ugly. Also I have no idea who most of these players are.
                      I agree about the uniforms. I don't understand why they used neon orange for he sleeves instead of the team orange (I do love that they're finally wearing a blue uniform though). They should have the players' nicknames up on the video board when they come up. Right now it's just random and I've heard people asking what the uniforms say.

Comment

• I like the hats, but I agree the jerseys are bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I agree about the uniforms. I don't understand why they used neon orange for he sleeves instead of the team orange (I do love that they're finally wearing a blue uniform though). They should have the players' nicknames up on the video board when they come up. Right now it's just random and I've heard people asking what the uniforms say.
                          Ya, i have no idea what Dee Gordons nickname meant. Wish they just went with the regular uniforms with the nicknames.

Comment

• I dig the hat. Also Stanton Hella good catch!

Comment

• Looks like we have good conley tonight. This needs to be a sweep. This padre team is not as good as us and their starters stink.
                              Also, on a side note i cant put into words how happy i am not to have to see Hoskins, Williams, Tommy joseph, or that stupid little league park on my tv anymore. Feel so much more comfortable with our pitching at home in a bigger ballpark.

- - - - - - - - - -

I always forget Fredi is our 3b coach. I still cant believe he came back and took another job from Loria. He's also a terrible 3b coach (and manager while we're at it), but thats besides the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Ya, i have no idea what Dee Gordons nickname meant. Wish they just went with the regular uniforms with the nicknames.
                                I still don't know what it means. When they sent out the lineups with the nicknames, I thought it was Rojas until I saw him at SS. I had no idea they were doing unique uniforms until I saw them here on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X