No announcement yet.

Marlins Vs. Giants, 8/8-10/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really not quite sure why major league managers have such an issue making the statically correct decisions. Mattingly is a great manager for reasons other than his in game decisions, but those in game decisions are so bad and just obviously bad going by the numbers. Some of the moves he makes are just senseless and the bunting has gotten ridiculous at this point. There is no reason why teams should still be bunting this often with numbers proving its a bad move.

The bullpen has also been terrible lately. This management team is so bad at valuing assets its insane. The fact that they've proven so many different times that they have no idea how to properly value a RP on their roster and other rosters is a serious issue. This team is the king of buying high and selling low. We will see if they handle Ramos correctly this offseason. Wittgren might be better.
    Last edited by fish16; 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I wasn't watching at the time, but I don't know why he's tried to use Cervenka to get complete innings....his numbers point to him being a LOOGY, and I thought that's why he was brought in.

Comment

To be fair he faced a lefty, a switch-hitter and then another lefty. If you can't use him in that situation I don't know when you can use him.

Comment

yep, I don't blame him going with Cervenka there, he should have been far more effective

- - - - - - - - - -

I do blame him for the way-too-early way-too-often defensive substitutions, bunting with a competent position player at a wholly unnecessary time, and for not finding a way to get Dee Gordon to make better decisions on the basepaths

- - - - - - - - - -

uhhhh WTF???

Andy SlaterVerified account
          ‏@AndySlater
          SLATER SCOOP: Marlins will be placing A.J. Ramos on 15-day DL. Also, team will be sending newly acquired P Hunter Cervenka to minors.

Comment

LOL

Comment

so glad we traded for Cervenka

Comment

Good thing we have SP that go deep into games.

Oh wait, we don't?

First time I've really felt negative about the Marlins having a shot at this. Team is paper-thin.

Comment

Yeah as I said, I didn't see that part of the game, so I wasn't sure how Cervenka was used.

Definitely agree about the defensive replacements and bunting. How different would it have been to have Dietrich and Prado up to bat in some of those spots? Or even having Rojas swing instead of bunt.

Comment

The defensive replacements are especially baffling with a short bench. Just screwing ourselves over in an extra-inning game.

Comment

• I don't even blame Cervenka. It's like trading for a 1B and then sticking him at SS and getting mad when he can't field the position. He might as well be in the minors if they're not going to use him right

Comment

• How should he have been used there? Like I said lefty-switch-lefty the 3 guys he faced.

- - - - - - - - - -

I did think Stanton should've caught that Belt double, tough play sure, but he didn't get a good jump and didn't track it well.

Comment

• Mind blown that Cervenka is being sent down

Crawford 7 hits last night.

Will Hechavarria have 7 hits this month?

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                            I don't even blame Cervenka. It's like trading for a 1B and then sticking him at SS and getting mad when he can't field the position. He might as well be in the minors if they're not going to use him right
                            But if you're going with his just-Marlins sample size, per the analogy, his start at SS was FAR better than his start at 1B! He was sent in to mow down two lefties and a switch hitter last night. He should have been much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Mind blown that Cervenka is being sent down

Crawford 7 hits last night.

Will Hechavarria have 7 hits this month?

he already does

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                                he already does

I know. I was kidding.

I know we have a couple of posters who are a little sensitive when it comes to our 0.7 WAR shortstop.

xxoo

Comment

Working...
                                X