Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck You it's June.

Comment

Haven't s seen a June meltdown like this in quite some time. This is vintage Marlins.

Comment

Not sure how this is a meltdown. We have been between 1-4 games over .500 for like a month now. This is just the team playing like the team the front office payed for. Telis deserves to be up at this point, whether its as a backup catcher or 3rd catcher/take chris johnson job. Also if this team wanted to really win they would have added another starting pitcher or bullpen guy in the offseason. I said it when this season started, trusting Ellington and Barraclough as huge bullpen pieces this offseason was stupid and was stupid from the end of last season on when those guys succeeded. Ellington especially but putting trust in those guys to be set up men/easily competent bullpen arms and not investing in 1-2 stable bullpen arms killed this team. Blew multiple games early because of Breslow, McGowan, and the other retreads we brought in that clearly were not going to work.

Also the complete lack of a bench for yet another year is gonna kill us. Johnson was a good signing based off platoon stats but its time to cut bait. The mathis shit needs to end if we are also gonna employ guys like gillispie and rojas on the bench as well. Ichiro is a slap hitter and besides that we have literally nothing off the bench, especially with Dee Gordon getting suspended and Dietrich becoming a full time player like its been obvious he has been for 2 years.

We also blew it by relying on all of Koehler, Conley, Nicolino, and Cosart. We clearly needed 1 more stable rotation arm and its been clear Koehler would be a great bullpen arm for bout 3 years but we just haven't done it.

You can fake as an above .500 team for so long but eventually the not spending money and having the 28th largest payroll in baseball yet again even after a new stadium will do us in. Its a shame because we have multiple offensive stars, a top 3 pitcher in baseball, and a pretty solid back end of the bullpen. we just didn't pay for depth and its obvious for yet another year.

Comment

I think our bench has actually been surprisingly good. Yes, Mathis is terrible, but replacing him with Telis is not really a solution to anything, and is a disservice to Telis. Ichiro, Johnson and Rojas are all solid bench players. Even Gillespie, if he's the first guy you call up from AAA if there's an injury, that's fine. We all knew that we needed to do more to stabilize the rotation behind Fernandez, and that didn't happen, and we're seeing it play out now. It all comes back to not spending money, and really when you think of spending money you think of free agents, but really this organization is the perfect of example of how not spending money can destroy your organizational depth, and minor league talent. Our rotation is bad, and we really have no way of making it better.

Also, we have a Giancarlo problem, and that hasn't helped. You would think if he were at 20 HRs and .275 average at this point, which I think everyone would say before this season would be perfectly reasonable, we'd be right in the thick of things.

Comment

I am legitimately starting to worry about Stanton.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

can't believe they're challenging this, clearly a dumb ass error

- - - - - - - - - -
              I LOL'd hard.

Comment

I saw the replay they used to overturn it and I still don't get it. It's so clearly an error as far as I can tell
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                X