No announcement yet.

Marlins @ Dodgers Series Thread 4/25 - 4/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't get why Nicolino was pulled when he was cruising. I know he was at 100 pitches, but why not let him keep going, and if he gets in trouble then pull him?

Comment

Urena comes up huge!

Comment

very puzzling to pull nicolino like that. it's one thing if you've got a lights out bullpen. it's another when you're handing the ball to bryan morris.

- - - - - - - - - -

i'm surprised urena didn't get tossed for running off the mound

Comment

How the fuck did we get out of that without giving up a run, let alone the lead? Also we've known it for awhile, but it seems obvious now that Jose Ureña is a back end bullpen arm right? Nicolino, if you can get outs and not have a start where you give up 7 runs, then I'm aboard your bandwagon.

Four wins in a row! Maybe we might be good after all.

Comment

Yep, not surprising how much better he looked as a one inning guy. Combine that with the way Phelps has also gotten a huge boost as a one inning guy and and Bearclaw looking like an absolute monster, our BP is starting to make a 180.

Hopefully Breslow can keep being decent, Ege is good, and Morris figures his shit out. And Dunn comes back soon in 2013/2014 form

Comment

The Wade Davis effect is real and amazing. We fix this pitching staff, specifically the bullpen, and all of a sudden you're looking at a pretty good team. Those fans Namaste was described, god dammit I'm one of them. Think I would've learned by now.
              Last edited by thatnewguy; 04-28-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I can't believe until we have at least one more good starter.

Chris Johnson has also looked also kinds of pitiful so far. Since he's making the minimum, I hope there's a leash on him. Especially with how good some RH bats have been doing in NOLA.

But veteran presence or some shit

Comment

veteran presence like rushing in and ducking behind the umpire during a confrontation.

Comment

Man I forgot about that. That shit was so dumb.

Comment

Marlins bullpen is 3rd in the NL in ERA (2.96)

Comment

what in the world is going on
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                          I can't believe until we have at least one more good starter.

Chris Johnson has also looked also kinds of pitiful so far. Since he's making the minimum, I hope there's a leash on him. Especially with how good some RH bats have been doing in NOLA.

But veteran presence or some shit
                          Agreed, Destin Hood should be learning 1st Base as we speak down in AAA.

Comment

We'll probably make the playoffs now. Jose pitching tonight, we get to play the Braves a lot this year......

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              We'll probably make the playoffs now. Jose pitching tonight, we get to play the Braves a lot this year......

also, there are only like 9 teams actually competing for 5 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

We have to beat the Braves 1st lol

Comment

Working...
                                X