No announcement yet.

6/8/15 Marlins @ Toronto 7:07 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignoring his bad innings, the old Chris Volstad defense.

Comment

I didn't say to ignore his bad innings. I said people are only remembering the bad innings when he's been effective in a lot of games.

Comment

He's pitched a lot of beautiful baseball.

Comment

Jays not wrong: http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...111&position=P

Comment

The majority of relievers are like that though. It's not a unique thing.

Comment

Heath Bell didn't allow an earned run in 54 of his 73 appearances for us in 2012.

Comment

I agree. But I don't think Hand's been as bad as most Marlins fans make him out to be. I'm fine with him in the bullpen, but he isn't a starter.

Comment

Brad Hand is the most bipolar starter I've ever seen. The reason his numbers look decent enough is because he'll have stretches like he just did: 2 starts of actually really good pitching and then immediately follow that up with 6 ER in a one inning start. The fact is, he's pitched five seasons and hasn't been able to stick because he's never been consistent enough at the big league level to maintain success. It's why he was replaced in the rotation by Brad Penny last season. It's why he couldn't stick around in 2013, even when Eovaldi/Turner/Alvarez were not in the rotation. It's why he only pitched in a handful of games in 2012 even though the season was over by July. Right now, it's pretty obvious the only reason he has pitched in the majors at all the last couple years is because he's out of options and was already on the ML roster when injuries hit. Otherwise, his ass would be rotting in triple-A with a lot of the other meh starters in this organization (whom all seem to be in the bullpen lately anyway...)

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                    I agree. But I don't think Hand's been as bad as most Marlins fans make him out to be. I'm fine with him in the bullpen, but he isn't a starter.
                    This is exactly how I feel. He's been solid out of the pen, but he's been SO BAD out of the rotation that people want the guy hanged.

I mean, look at Wade Davis. Shit in the rotation, but one of the best arms out of the pen. And I'm not saying Hand is the next coming of Davis, but I think he can be valuable out of the pen.

Yet the Marlins keep putting him in the rotation and it's just like no, stop, please.

Comment

Working...
                    X