Gordon - .353
    Prado - .288
    Stanton - .246
    Morse - .237
    Ozuna - .286
    Realmuto - .304
    Ichiro - .265
    Hech - .300

Once Yelich gets healthy and turns up to his usual .285, that is one of the best line-ups in the NL. Problem is our lack of extra base hits. That was something I have noticed just on the eye test, but just confirmed - our SLUG is 12th in the NL (currently 8th in average). Stanton needs to pick up his game. I would like to see Ozuna batting 4th and Morse 5th. Put Yelich 6th when he returns. Followed by JT and Hech.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Smallest crowd ever at whatever the Phillies stadium is called.

We did it.

I think it's in the high 40's there, though.

Comment

Salty hitting just .071. Horrible.
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Serves them right for living in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
            Our line-up is actually looking quite good as a whole:

Gordon - .353
            Prado - .288
            Stanton - .246
            Morse - .237
            Ozuna - .286
            Realmuto - .304
            Ichiro - .265
            Hech - .300

Once Yelich gets healthy and turns up to his usual .285, that is one of the best line-ups in the NL. Problem is our lack of extra base hits. That was something I have noticed just on the eye test, but just confirmed - our SLUG is 12th in the NL (currently 8th in average). Stanton needs to pick up his game. I would like to see Ozuna batting 4th and Morse 5th. Put Yelich 6th when he returns. Followed by JT and Hech.
            Stanton has a .491 SLG/.245 ISO going into todays game...

Stanton is not the problem in power. It's literally everyone NOT named Stanton.

Comment

Stanton, Dee Gordon and Adeiny Hechavarria are the only hitters with .400+ SLG

Comment

That was a fantastic couple of plays by Hech, I thought that was a hit for sure. Also great start by Phelps. I hope we can keep it going.

Comment

Stanton is striking out an alarming rate. Amazing his numbers are what they are despite that.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    Stanton, Dee Gordon and Adeiny Hechavarria are the only hitters with .400+ SLG
                    Gotta love Dee being second on the team in SLG with a 0.094 ISO.

Comment

Stanton is striking out an alarming rate. Amazing his numbers are what they are despite that.
                      2.8% higher than his career rate isn't a big difference and can probably be explained by sample size.

Comment

He's not far from his career line (29% vs 28%). That's still bad since he has steadily improved every year (26% last year) but it's not really out of line.

Comment

Prado looking much better in that 2-hole. Where is the batting position splits guy to claim his honor?
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Also, Prado is the hitter I'm really only worried about. His K rate shot way up last year and he posted his worse K/BB in his career (dropped from 0.89 the year before to 0.33). And his K rate is still around there. I still think he'll be a solid ~100 OPS+ guy but just not the 110-120 I was hoping for

Comment

Prado looking much better in that 2-hole. Where is the batting position splits guy to claim his honor?
                              I don't know who you're referring to but his OPS from the 2-hole is lower than all other spots but the 5th and 7th. Sample size clearly comes into play because the only other position other than the 2nd where he has a seasons worth of at bats is 1st.

Comment

Prado hit .333/.345/.481 in the 4 spot. he's been fine since the road trip started

Comment

Working...
                                X