This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/21 - Marlins @ Phillies 7:05

Dan Haren (who was supposed to retire this year) leads the 3-10 Marlins into Philadelphia to take on Jerome Williams (who I thought retired like 5 years ago) and the 4-10 Phillies.

The Marlins are favored to win this game.

Spoiler:
    They will do so by a tally of 8-4.

Yellich dropped to 5th, Prado batting 2nd, Morse batting clean up and JT starting over Salty.

Comment

First smart line-up all season. Red feeling the fire!
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

yup, best lineup all season. fuckin finally. right now i'd swap ozuna and yelich for the time being but i'll take what i can get
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

[tweet]590643579443372034[/tweet]

Comment

Woah, he didn't just insert Ichiro into Yelich's spot. Batting sixth is still dumb, but at least he made a little adjustment. #MinorVictories

Comment

Redmond said he was fine WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                Woah, he didn't just insert Ichiro into Yelich's spot. Batting sixth is still dumb, but at least he made a little adjustment. #MinorVictories
                where should he hit then?

Comment

He should hit 6th but I'm also in shock he didn't just hit Ichiro 5th

been saying Yelich's back isn't healed all along - he needs a stint on the DL
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                    where should he hit then?
                    9th....

Gordon
                    Prado
                    Stanton
                    Morse
                    Ozuna
                    Realmuto
                    Hech
                    Pitcher
                    Ichiro

Of course there's the whole issue with no lefties in the middle of the order.

Comment

Yep let's make sure the pitcher's spot comes up with our even more depleted bench, more times then the future hall-of-famer.

I don't care if he's 41 years old.

Comment

Was just writing that

the difference between a pitcher hitting 8th and negligible (something like 0.01 more runs scored per game - 2 runs per season) but the 8 spot does come up more frequently - 0.5% more often in the 5th inning, 0.7% less ​frequently in the 6th inning, and 2.0% more frequently in the 7th inning, which are times when you might need to pinch hit.

Comment

Yelich probably needs to be put on the DL.

Comment

Yelich should've been on the DL to start last week. We would've been only a week away from him coming back fully healthy. Opposing pitchers clearly knew he was ailing because all he getting was heat high and away. All those swings he tried to make on those probably made the injury worse. Very dumb decision to let him play with that injury in the first week of the season...

- - - - - - - - - -

Would really like to see our starter go deep into a game for once this season
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Prado sucks again now that he's out of the cleanup spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X