• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
    I don't know how Cubs fans did this for so long
    They're used to losing

Comment

So glad we brought in the 36 year-old pinch runner to fuck up baserunning in the 9th.

Comment

Mathis and I saw FSU win a national title together

Comment

I really do not like marmol

/obvious

Comment

Seems like Caminero always pitches the day after he pitches more than an inning.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I've never understood saving the Closer. If you've only got utter shit left, at least give yourself a chance. You're saving your closer for something that's probably not going to materialize.
              --------------------
              yep
              Last edited by Nick; 04-21-2014, 09:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Bye bye Caminero also sucks

Comment

Good thing we saved Cishek for the save.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    I've never understood saving the Closer. If you've only got utter shit left, at least give yourself a chance. You're saving your closer for something that's probably not going to materialize.
                    Dunn, Jennings, Ramos, Marmol, and the combination of Hand/Slowey in RP innings, all have more innings this year than Cishek. The unarguable top arm in the pen. Yea sure the last two are long men, but the point is, your best arm can't be 6th in innings in your pen.

It's idiotic how they are not using him.

Comment

Redmond doesn't understand bench logic or bullpen use

Comment

2nd and 3rd with no outs and not scoring a run to take over the lead against Kimbrel is ridiculous.

Also:

Baker>Dietrich is stupid.

Caminero>Cishek is stupid.

Is Redmond really this stupid?

Stupid

Comment

^ lol
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            2nd and 3rd with no outs and not scoring a run to take over the lead against Kimbrel is ridiculous.
                            I mean, we should have scored, but I wouldn't say it's ridiculous. Kimbrel is one of the best relief pitchers the game has seen in awhile.

Comment

What's so frustrating is, there's pieces here. Redmond is just allergic to platooning, and doesn't seem at all interested in putting certain guys in position to succeed.

Like, Jeff Baker's got a .240 point platoon split in favor of LHP, but he batted twice today against RHP, and now has 19 PA vs. RHP to 25 vs. LHP.

Garrett Jones has 1/3 of his PA vs. LHP.

There's decent-to-good players here, who have to be managed more carefully than he is willing to do.

The bullpen stuff is pretty normal by major-league standards. Boston's got one of the best relievers in a generation, and he's 5th in IP out of the pen. Some teams are better than others, but most teams remain stubbornly stupid about their closer usage.
                              --------------------
                              All of this stuff probably makes a pretty negligible impact on w/l totals at the end of the season, but it's still symptomatic of a larger organizational philosophy.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-21-2014, 11:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              poop

Comment

We can probably squeak out a win in New York so we don't go winless on the road in April.

Marlins are an underdog tmrw with Fernandez on the mound.

Comment

Working...
                                X