• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    You said a tr305 thing.
    I suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      If it wasn't for Stanton coming back, I think we'd have a realistic shot at 100 losses.
      We'd have to lose 43 of 57 games from here on out. That'd be quite the accomplishment.
      poop

Comment

I think the boys are primed to make that a reality.

Comment

That would require them to finish the season while playing at the pace of the 3rd worst team ever.
          poop

Comment

We'd have to lose 43 of 57 games from here on out. That'd be quite the accomplishment.
            I said without Stanton.

-This lineup is the worst.
            -The pitching staff has one good pitcher, pitchers who will go through growing pains at the big league level, and Nolasco who kinda sucks.

I think that if they don't get there, they'd be close.

Stanton will probably make a difference in some games though.
            --------------------
            That would require them to finish the season while playing at the pace of the 3rd worst team ever.
            Have you seen what we have on the field today?
            Last edited by Erick; 08-03-2012, 04:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ugh.

Ok. You guys are right.
              poop

Comment

It's definitely believable that they might finish the season going 14-43.

After all, of the 7 games they've played in their current form (basically, minus Hanley), they've lost 4 of them.

I buy it.
                --------------------
                There's a better chance of fip getting laid than this team losing 100. Even if Stanton retired tomorrow.

I miss fip.
                Last edited by HUGG; 08-03-2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Anytime you are dealing with something of historical proportions, it is almost always smart to bet on that thing happening. After all, there is a reason 3 teams in major league history have won less than 1/4 of their games; it's because it's really easy to do!
                  poop

Comment

I mean, this team sucks.

But they're not historically bad. They're not even the worst team in the league.

Comment

Like the kid from Angels in the outfield said: "Hey, it could happen!"

Comment

Anytime you are dealing with something of historical proportions, it is almost always smart to bet on that thing happening. After all, there is a reason 3 teams in major league history have won less than 1/4 of their games; it's because it's really easy to do!
                        To be fair, they wouldn't need to do it for a whole season. Just for two months. Much more likely.

Comment

averaging 2.45 runs a game since the ASB break. Worst in the majors. Good work gents!

Comment

A lot of the players on the field right now aren't big league quality players.

Also, a big reason for our recent successes is because of Ruggiano and his 2.2 WAR in limited time. He's probably going to regress big time at some point. I think that's fair to say considering his current .427 .BABIP.

The lineup today is Jose Reyes and a bunch of players who aren't productive. Some of them are really, really bad. Donovan Solano, Gorkys Hernandez, Brett Hayes, Donnie Murphy.

Our second best hitter today is a 4-hole hitter who uh...hits singles from time to time.
                            --------------------
                            Oh yeah and our bullpen kinda sucks too.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            To be fair, they wouldn't need to do it for a whole season. Just for two months. Much more likely.
                            ^^^

Also, I said without Stanton. Stanton is coming back so they'll probably look better soon.

I meant a hypothetical scenario where Stanton sits out the rest of the year and you're left with what's out there today.
                            Last edited by Erick; 08-03-2012, 04:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Re: 100 losses. Yeah, the pace would be mind-numbing, but as long as the team runs this lineup out there (and, even with Stanton, he's still just one person, I don't think you can say he's going to swing much more than 2-3 games the rest of the year) there's really no reason to favor them over anyone the Marlins will play the rest of the way. I believe they're done with the Astros and Cubs, who are the only teams in the NL who can say they're as bad if not worse.

Also, whenever you're talking about 50-someodd games, crazy shit can happen. Look at May.

Comment

joe capozzi ‏@joecapMARLINS
                                Brad Hand's line: 3 2/3 IP, 7 r, 6 h, 6 walks, 1 HR. 96 pitches, 52 for Ks
                                I'll be serious for like 5 seconds and say I'm not fond of Hand because he walks so many damn people.

Comment

Working...
                                X