Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MUST WIN GAME of the Season. Marlins/Cubs. 7/19. 2:20 PM.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point is Ruggiano no longer a flash in the pan? Are we there? He's just about at 100 ABs (92; 112 PA).

Comment

1,000 at bats

Comment

For realz Ramp?

It's gonna take 2 years for us to be able to say "starting quality OF"? I feel like this is 2006 Cody Ross all over again.

Comment

fine, 300 (or so) at bats

Comment

Yeah 300 ish. Definitely not 100 ish.

Ish.

Season is still alive as of the 4th inning

Comment

Hanley looks great again.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by jay576 View Post
              Guy has been unlucky and is still posting a .760 OPS.
              UNLUCKY ? explain
              Last edited by tr305; 07-19-2012, 02:11 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                At what point is Ruggiano no longer a flash in the pan? Are we there? He's just about at 100 ABs (92; 112 PA).
                I would wait until he doesn't have a .439 BABIP, you know?
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                  Hanley looks great again.
                  --------------------

UNLUCKY ? explain
                  This is a good post explaining Hanleys bad luck

Originally Posted by Swifty
                  I figured I'd at least post my brief thoughts on Hanley since it seems the writing is on the wall that he's on his way out (FSN asking if fans would be OK with a trade? LOL).

Coming into the year, my biggest concern was that his "power" seemed gone. Going back to 2010 his LD% was way down, and his traditional power numbers seemed to be trending downward. Now, coming off shoulder surgery, he's posting the second best LD% of his career (18.4%; 20.9% - 2006). His "baseball card stats" say he's on pace for a, more or less, Hanley kind of season (25 HR, 85 RBI). His advanced stats say he's absolutely having an "old" Hanley kind of season (18.4% LD; 39% GB), but that he's exceptionally unlucky on balls in play (posting the second year (and it's consecutive) of a BABIP below .300; .273). His career BABIP is .333 and excluding this year and last, has never had a BABIP below .327 in any full season and has had more seasons above .340 than below .327. That's unlucky. This is the 2 + 2 not adding up to 4 kind of stuff. You want to point to bad luck, this is it.

I think trading him will be a catastrophic mistake, not just because of the trash it seems we want to get back, but because of the kind of breakout he's going to have, whether it's this year or next, it's coming, and he's allayed almost all the fears I had of him coming into this year (is the power gone, can he still drive the ball, etc).

Comment

Absurd. So let's do an analysis of how many other players hitting under .250 are having "bad luck" with balls in play. That's baseball, and he has not been any good for several years now. Stop making excuses for him. He is a lazy baseball player, period. I don't mind laziness when you are knocking the ball all around the field. He hasn't done that for quite some time.
                    Last edited by tr305; 07-19-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

bad Namaste.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        This is a good post explaining Hanleys bad luck

Originally Posted by Swifty
                        I figured I'd at least post my brief thoughts on Hanley since it seems the writing is on the wall that he's on his way out (FSN asking if fans would be OK with a trade? LOL).

Coming into the year, my biggest concern was that his "power" seemed gone. Going back to 2010 his LD% was way down, and his traditional power numbers seemed to be trending downward. Now, coming off shoulder surgery, he's posting the second best LD% of his career (18.4%; 20.9% - 2006). His "baseball card stats" say he's on pace for a, more or less, Hanley kind of season (25 HR, 85 RBI). His advanced stats say he's absolutely having an "old" Hanley kind of season (18.4% LD; 39% GB), but that he's exceptionally unlucky on balls in play (posting the second year (and it's consecutive) of a BABIP below .300; .273). His career BABIP is .333 and excluding this year and last, has never had a BABIP below .327 in any full season and has had more seasons above .340 than below .327. That's unlucky. This is the 2 + 2 not adding up to 4 kind of stuff. You want to point to bad luck, this is it.

I think trading him will be a catastrophic mistake, not just because of the trash it seems we want to get back, but because of the kind of breakout he's going to have, whether it's this year or next, it's coming, and he's allayed almost all the fears I had of him coming into this year (is the power gone, can he still drive the ball, etc).
                        Shouldn't have even bothered.

Comment

Homerism has infested this board like the plague. No one can think objectively without their nose up every one of our players asses. I have no issue with defending Reyes, Lomo, Buck etc. but to defend the #1 loafer in the game is absurd. Get a grip people.

Comment

It stopped being funny a while ago.

Can we ban this fucking clown please?

Comment

just need somebody to light the lamp

Comment

Damn

Comment

Working...
                                X