• Mets and the Volstadless Marlins in the MK7less Game Thread

The game is about to start.
    --------------------
    Boner extended his streak.

Mike just went boom.
    Last edited by Party; 07-24-2011, 12:43 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Boner really is friggin good.

Comment

I've completely changed my outlook on Bwner.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Average at .298 now.

Comment

He did it again.

Comment

Bonifacio's fun, I am reluctant to think he can sustain this, but it's awesome.

Oh, and the Castillo comparisons need to stop, even with "new" Bonifacio, Luis was twice the player Bonifacio is.
            --------------------
            I'm also kind of scared that this month of fun is going to be like the 10 days of fun in 2009, except it buys him all of 2012 and keeps Coghlan in center.
            Last edited by Swifty; 07-24-2011, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
              I've completely changed my outlook on Bwner.
              Bwnertron

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post

Oh, and the Castillo comparisons need to stop, even with "new" Bonifacio, Luis was twice the player Bonifacio is.
                --------------------
                I'm also kind of scared that this month of fun is going to be like the 10 days of fun in 2009, except it buys him all of 2012 and keeps Coghlan in center.
                I think it's very different for a couple of reasons.

First of all, Bonifacio was pretty much brand new to the big leagues in 2009, and opposing teams really had no clue how to pitch him. Then, they found some holes, exploited them, and he started sucking until now where he appears to have made adjustments.

Second, Bonifacio only walked five times the entire month of April in '09, and his high for walks in a month that year was nine. However, he has already walked 14 times this month, and he walked 12 times back in May. Also, he walked only 34 times in 461 ABs in '09. He has already walked 38 times through 309 ABs this year.

The stolen bases are also something to make note of. Emilio recorded 21 in 30 attempts in '09. He has already equaled that mark in July this year, but in only 25 attempts.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Bonifacio has turned the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post

--------------------
                  I don't know if we want Coghlan in the infield anymore, anyway.

Pretty sure all of the scouting reports said he was below average at second and we're going on 3 years of not playing there now. Now, I imagine he stills takes groundballs there during practice, but we don't know what kind of glove he has there, and I'm willing to bet it isn't very good.

Plus, I hope the FO isn't counting on him to be a productive player. Not that I don't think he can't be, I'd just they have him as one of the options, not THE option, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Him who?
                    --------------------
                    Bonifacio or Coghlan?
                    Last edited by Swifty; 07-24-2011, 01:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Coghlan

Comment

I think it's safer to count on Coghlan being a productive player than Bonifacio.

I think you're backed into a corner on both, but at least Coghlan has a somewhat reasonable excuse of 'health' rather than the alternative inexplicably bad after looking brilliant at times we get from Bonifacio.
                        --------------------
                        I mean, if you let me pencil 2012's team it'd be:

C-Baker/Buck
                        1B-Logan
                        2B-Bonifacio
                        SS-Hanley
                        3B-Dominguez
                        LF-Coghlan
                        CF-Free Agent (Beltran?)
                        RF-Stanton

Gaby traded for a legit club controlled 2/3 starter.

So I guess I'm OK counting on both of them, the problem of course being we're not going to open up LF for Cogs, so it's going to be CF or bust, which is concerning because come hell or high water, Bonifacio isn't going to sit, and I'd like to see if we can lighten the load on Coghlan in the field. The dude may not be great, but he plays hard, and with his health being what it is, that's a problem.
                        Last edited by Swifty; 07-24-2011, 01:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think they're closer than you do, defense being the great equalizer.

The injury is a valid point with Coghlan, but he's been much more bad than good over the last few years.

Comment

I knew David Wright was gon homer. But I was in the car so I didn't tell anyone

Comment

I don't know how you can get "mad" at the Marlins for failing to cash in when Sanchez was clearly gassed in the 6th and McKeon let him pitch the 7th.

Comment

Working...
                              X