Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was at 71 pitches. It's not like it was a high leverage situation where we needed a big hit, and it's not like a one run game.

If he's healthy, this was absolutely the wrong move. Saying it wasn't is really stupid. Volstad was pitching well, and we took the rug out from underneath him.

I don't think it's about a confidence boost, it's about not burning your bullpen unnecessarily.
    poop

Comment

Really doesn't matter who is pitching tonight... the offense looks fucking dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        He was at 71 pitches. It's not like it was a high leverage situation where we needed a big hit, and it's not like a one run game.

If he's healthy, this was absolutely the wrong move. Saying it wasn't is really stupid. Volstad was pitching well, and we took the rug out from underneath him.

I don't think it's about a confidence boost, it's about not burning your bullpen unnecessarily.
        I mostly agree with you, but I don't feel like Edwin has been one to have a short leash with the starters from what we've seen this year and last year, so if every once in a while he wants to go to the pen a little early, especially if Volstad or Vazquez is pitching, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Comment

It's not like he was pitching in the middle of an inning and just let up acouple of hits and needed a fireman. He was lifted for a shitty pinch hitter in a three run game. Stupid move.

And it's not like we haven't been using the bullpen a lot this year.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            I mostly agree with you, but I don't feel like Edwin has been one to have a short leash with the starters from what we've seen this year and last year, so if every once in a while he wants to go to the pen a little early, especially if Volstad or Vazquez is pitching, then I'm perfectly fine with it.
            This shouldn't be one of those moments. There's nothing perfectly fine with taking him out this early.

Comment

The bigger concern here is that we made a guy with a Vazquez like stat line shut us down for 6 innings.

Comment

Sanches had pitched one time in the last 9 days.

Comment

So you pull your starter after 71 pitches so you can let a guy get some work in? This isn't spring training and it's not like Sanches couldn't have gone in to pitch in the 7th or 8th inning.

Comment

We stink.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

We have no runs.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                        So you pull your starter after 71 pitches so you can let a guy get some work in? This isn't spring training and it's not like Sanches couldn't have gone in to pitch in the 7th or 8th inning.
                        Good lord, I was referring to the comments that our bullpen was being overworked and burning them up.

Comment

Good lord, I was referring to the comments that our bullpen was being overworked and burning them up.
                          Do you really not expect to see about 4-5 relievers on Saturday when Vazquez pitches?

Comment

Wow.
                            --------------------
                            Nick is being mibs right now. What the fuck.
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              a quality start is a 4.50era

let's not go crazy here
                              Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                              I didn't make the statistic.
                              But, you can think critically about it.

Comment

We have no runs.

Comment

Working...