X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Volhappy!

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Let's just be happy that Volstad is out of the game. mmkay?
      Why would you be happy that a pitcher that was throwing well is out of the game?

Comment

Yeah, you guys are stupid.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          Why would you be happy that a pitcher that was throwing well is out of the game?
          Volstad.

And he still gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. Yeah he was really pitching lights out wasn't he?

Comment

Volstad.

And he still gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. Yeah he was really pitching lights out wasn't he?
            I don't think a 2R homerun being hit tells the whole story of how he was pitching.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Yep.
              poop

Comment

Volstad.

Are you watching? Isn't 3 runs in 6 innings considered a quality start? Wouldn't Volstad still qualify for that if he pitched a scoreless 6th? Didn't he only give up 4 hits and 1 walk?

Sorry he wasn't throwing a no hitter for you but that is still considered a solid start.

Comment

a quality start is a 4.50era

let's not go crazy here

Comment

I disagree
                    GO CRAZY

Comment

He had 9 GBs and a 5-to-1 K-to-BB ratio. He should have been allowed to go another inning. Saying anything else is just trying to get a rise out of Mibs.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        a quality start is a 4.50era

let's not go crazy here
                        I didn't make the statistic.

Comment

Are you watching? Isn't 3 runs in 6 innings considered a quality start? Wouldn't Volstad still qualify for that if he pitched a scoreless 6th? Didn't he only give up 4 hits and 1 walk?

Sorry he wasn't throwing a no hitter for you but that is still considered a solid start.
                          Can't tell if your serious about the bolded part.

And his stats so far this season say that there was a better chance he would give up runs in that 6th inning, than it being a scoreless half inning.
                          --------------------
                          Hey I would've left him in, too, but for it to be something that someone gets upset over is ridiculous. I trust every single one of our relievers over Volstad.
                          Last edited by Nick; 05-19-2011, 08:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Can't tell if your serious about the bolded part.

And his stats so far this season say that there was a better chance he would give up runs in that 6th inning, than it being a scoreless half inning.
                            So you totally ignore how he's pitching today and yank him after 5 innings? Like I said before, that's not a good way to instill confidence in a young pitcher.

Comment

The score is 3-0. You don't want the game to get out of hand because you "Want to instill confidence" in your #5 starter.

/tryingtogetariseoutofmibs

Comment

So you totally ignore how he's pitching today and yank him after 5 innings? Like I said before, that's not a good way to instill confidence in a young pitcher.
                                If Volstad needs his confidence boosted at this point, than he has no business being in the Major Leagues.

Comment

Working...
                                X