Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fine. I appreciate everyone standing up for me but I apparently fucked up (again.) I'll wear it.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I recall it exactly as MH did. Sometimes people knew they wouldn't be on their computer the next day or after the off day, so they'd post the new game thread immediately to make sure it got posted.

I also think it's a rule that doesn't really have any purpose. At least the "don't ruin a streak" rule makes superstitious sense.

Comment

I specifically remember the midnight rule in the thread on that site, as is tradition. It is most certainly a rule. fm21 broke it, but it's not his fault. Just let him start the thread in an hour and move on.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Brigham E. Pujols View Post
          I remember it being a rule because I wrote them.
          I always assumed they were handed down from generation to generation. Not written by Juanks

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Then it was broken several times during the days of TnB.
            Entirely possible. In retrospect, that's not surprising considering the head.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

I think the rule should be modified. I think it's entirely acceptable to start a thread for a game on an off day to get a jump on discussion for that game. I'll always agree though that a new game thread can't be made on the same night of a current game thread.

Comment

I think the rule should be modified. I think it's entirely acceptable to start a thread for a game on an off day to get a jump on discussion for that game. I'll always agree though that a new game thread can't be made on the same night of a current game thread.
                I ALMOST did that. I would have been exiled. Glad I thought about it.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I think that having a game thread open for the next game during an off-day takes conversation away from the Postgame thread and the more overall approach you take when you focus on the next series rather than the next game.
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

I think the rule should be modified.
                    Nein!
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Well they are two different games. Post game threads discuss what has occurred in the most recent games and thus the new game thread can focus whatever people will want to talk about for the upcoming game.

Comment

That's fine, but we also don't want to have conversation focused on this forum. Posts don't count here to your overall total and it's only for Game Threads - meaning that, with very few exceptions in practice, posts are only concentrated here while baseball is being played. If we have Game Threads open for a constant period, I feel that it takes a lot away from what we want the main forum to be.
                        - Daft

Comment

It's only on off days, I don't see that taking anything away. I don't think people care about their post count either.

Comment

The rule will not be changed. It is the will of the gods.

In Sol Invictus we trust.

Comment

I run this part of the dojo and what I say goes!

Comment

There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X