• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    who?
    Guy that won rookie of the year.

Coughlan, Bailey win rookie of the year

Chris Coughlan and Andrew Bailey won the National League and American League Rookie of the Year awards respectively. Both players were willing to make a change which allowed them to get playing time in the major leagues.

Coughlan played second base in the minor leagues. He switched to left field and was soon the leadoff hitter for the Marlins. He hit .321 with nine home runs, 84 runs and 47 RBI in 128 games.
    http://www.nationalbaseballreport.com/chris-coughlan/

Comment

• That was a beautiful play
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• The best part is that the article quoted another source that correctly spelled his name

Comment

• I apparently dont pronounce it right, as I say it "cough-lan". So dont feel bad.

Hoping for a big year from Volstad, just wanted to say that(saw him sitting there in the dugout).
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I hate you

Comment

• Wow, JCR is an idiot:

JCRMarlinsbeat Juan C. Rodriguez
              Miller wore 23, not 34. tealgirl12 @JCRMarlinsbeat Any chance Vazquez can change his number? It's giving me Andrew Miller nightmares!
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• What does the Astros playing in a dome have to do with the schedules? Come on Tommy. There has been a bunch of games in the north already this year.

Besides, the Astros wouldn't need it anyway. It's been in the 80's here the past two weeks.

Comment

• He was referring more to the Astros being a team with a climate-controlled stadium but starting on the road while northern teams opened to frigid stadiums. The point was good, just made terribly.

It's not even the worst thing they talked about that inning.
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

• Fill Uh Doll Fee Yuh.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• What did Tommy say about the schedule?

I think I know where he was going with Houston and the schedule. The Marlins have only started the season on the road 4 times I think.

Comment

• The Astros starting on the road may possibly have something to do with the Final Four being here this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                          I hate you
                          You dont even know me. I have no feelings about you one way or the other.
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Yeah, I get that too. I always thought it would be better to start the season in southern cities or cities like Milwaukee that have roofs but the schedulers don't seem to think about stuff like that.

Comment

• I mean, you should be able to pronounce our centerfielder's name right. It's not like you don't know how it's pronounced.

Comment

• Its just one of them words when I am not thinking about it I say it how its spelled instead of how I have heard it pronounced.

Still ridiculous to hate someone over that.
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X