Marlins Vs Derek Lowe @ The Flipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
    I think we should start calling Sanabia Houdini. It seems like he's always in trouble but manages to get himself out of it.
    Amazing what the ability to limit extra base hits will do for a pitcher. Sanabia's been good at that in the minors and, so far, that's carried over. Teams don't usually beat a pitcher with singles. They do it with walks and extra base hits. Sanabia's been relatively good at limiting both, and he's successful. This isn't hard stuff.

Comment

For a rookie, its is impressive. Doubt it'll continue, but when striking out a hitter a inning, you can get away with having alot of baserunners
      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
      Tom Koehler(4-0)
      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Nice play by Heyward.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
          Amazing what the ability to limit extra base hits will do for a pitcher. Sanabia's been good at that in the minors and, so far, that's carried over. Teams don't usually beat a pitcher with singles. They do it with walks and extra base hits. Sanabia's been relatively good at limiting both, and he's successful. This isn't hard stuff.
          He's worked around two doubles today. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
            For a rookie, its is impressive. Doubt it'll continue, but when striking out a hitter a inning, you can get away with having alot of baserunners
            He's not pitching all that well tonight. But coming into tonight he wasn't bad with the baserunners. Sample size issues aside, he had a sexy 17/4 K/BB and opponents were slugging .357 against him, which is pretty damn good (if qualified, would be about 20th in the NL). His overall line against was .271/.329/.357, and that's with a .355 BABIP.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
            He's worked around two doubles today. Just saying.
            I know where this is going and have no interest in taking it any further with you.
            Last edited by wanks1212; 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

entering today's start sanabia give up 19 hits, only 2 were XBH (2 HR both in relief) in 17innings
              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
              Tom Koehler(4-0)
              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

He was very good at limiting XBH and walks in the minors too.
                --------------------
                Of course, he's going to hit a wall here and fall of the rails, now that all of that's been said.
                Last edited by wanks1212; 07-23-2010, 07:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

lol at the Dan Uggla AC commercial lol.

I wish they kept Alejandro in to qualify for the W.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

That Uggla commercial is all kinds of awesome. Straight out of Major League.

Comment

I'm not bashing him. I like him. I've been following his starts pretty much all year. I just said the "just saying" because I knew you guys would crucify me for something that I did not mean to come out that way.

Based on what I've seen of him so far, though, he reminds me of VandenHurk in that he runs up a high pitch count pretty quickly.

Comment

Gotta love those double plays.
                        --------------------
                        Phew. Good job Sanches.
                        Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-23-2010, 08:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Petersen? Really?

Might as well send JJ up or

Comment

Let's go Condor

Comment

In my Face. haha

Comment

Petey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X