X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins at Rockies. 2012 Hours.

WPGL
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

I believe in NRob.

Comment

I think NateBob might be due to suck
      --------------------
      cool
      Last edited by Beef; 04-24-2010, 07:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

solid throw by johnny bake, dexter fowler's just too fast

Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Why can't the Marlins have a Melvin Mora or Jason Giambi coming off the bench? Instead were stuck with Mike Lamb and Brian Barden.

*knows the answer*

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            Why can't the Marlins have a Melvin Mora or Jason Giambi coming off the bench? Instead were stuck with Mike Lamb and Brian Barden.

*knows the answer*
            Because they play for the Rockies?

Comment

Who is this U. Unknown pitching for us? Clearly Yahoo has no fucking clue who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                Because they play for the Rockies?
                You know what I mean. Veteran players, like Luis Gonzalez a couple years ago. Instead of AAAA players.

Comment

Well, here's the way I look at it.

Ignoring the finances, because the whole convo goes moot when you say you've got about $1.5 mil to build a bench, we've got a team that features 3 players that won't come out of the game for either defensive reasons (Maybin, Ross) or just because there's no damn good reason to take him out ever (Hanley). You're probably not going to pull Uggla or Coghlan for defensive replacements either because of what their bat brings; that means the catcher's spot and the corners are the only defensive upgrade/speed up spots that we're really going to consistently double-switch/pinch run (Fredi's obsession with demonstrating he nows how to execute a double switch aside, I'm playing the normal manager game, not Fredi rules).

So if you've got a team where the bench is really only going to serve to speed up the game on the bases, give a defensive boost at the infield corners, and play your usual Sunday starter, do you really need the elite bench bat? We've got the Sunday/off-day OF in Carroll, we've got the defensive upgrade in Helms and we had the burner in Bonifacio. The only thing we're doing dumb is keeping Barden around, he serves no good purpose whatsoever.

Would I rather Lamb be Giambi or even Jacobs? Sure, absolutely no question about that, but we're also not going to count on Lamb nearly as much as the Rockies count on Giambi, and that's not just because of the tremendous different in ability between Giambi and Lamb, but also the way the teams are constructed.

Comment

Damn. That was a thing of beauty.

Comment

Bake redeems himself.

Comment

SICK PLAY BY JOHNNY BAKE

That makes up for the worst throw I've seen since Chuck Knoblauch

Comment

Man, Joe West sucks

Comment

Shake n bake

Comment

yeah what the hell was Joe West doing there.

Comment

Working...
                              X