Comment

• wtf is this K zone
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• dang

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          I think you guys is overrating the importance of gaining an extra 2 feet on a ball thrown at 70 plus MPH to first.

Opening day is funny when you don't play well.

I totally agree with you in reference to all the freaking out going on (and I realize some are only kidding) but you're taking your defense (no pun intended) of Gaby to borderline ridiculous heights. His play at 1B has sucked today. Call a spade a spade.

Comment

• what a scoop by wright
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• 70 mph= 102 feet per second. from short you are throwing about 100-150 feet, so at most 1-1.5 seconds on the throw. Adding two feet is absolutely nothing

So you're really talking about adding like 1/100th of a second. The difference is imperceptible to the human eye.

If you want to criticize him because it's fundamental baseball and it's the right way to play and you just don't like seeing it, fine. But it doesn't really have a tangible effect when you think about it. I'm not defending Gaby, this is a general comment. If he doesn't stretch, it looks bad, bit when you stop to think about it, it really doesn't matter. You guys are making way too much out of nothing here.

Gaby looked bad on that one error, and he could have made a play on one of the two errors by the pitchers, but they weren't necessarily his fault. He's played poorly, but it's also one game.
              poop

Comment

• The difference to the eye and what kind of signal it may send through an umpire's brain who needs to make a split second decision can be significant

Comment

• bob I think the overriding factor is that an ump is more likely to give a close play to the 1B if he stretches than if he doesn't. Imperceptible as if may seem, umps are subject to the same thought we are when we see a clsoe play
                  Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

• You jackin my style you so two thousand and late

did i do it right?

Comment

• Don't most umps watch the bag and not the glove anyways? Don't they generally make the call on the sound of the ball hitting glove compared to the runner's foot?
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Jewbility View Post
                        bob I think the overriding factor is that an ump is more likely to give a close play to the 1B if he stretches than if he doesn't. Imperceptible as if may seem, umps are subject to the same thought we are when we see a clsoe play
                        this.

also, I don't think anyone is flipping out that the season is doomed, just at the fundamentals. Maybin running backwards on bloopers and Gaby not stretching

Comment

• Maybin has looked worse than Gaby today, in my opinion.
                          poop

Comment

• Mine too.

Parade for Gaby?

Comment

• Maybin < Gaby today
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Mets > Marlins today

Comment

Working...