This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swift View Post
    Sanchez figures to give us a lot of 5 or 6 inning starts. That's fine, no arguments here, but you want your middle guys to be able to go the distance when they're "on." Anibal's arm really won't allow that. If he's "on" he'll still likely have 100 pitches by the end of the 5th and then we have to rely on 4 bullpen innings.
    And that is why if both Anibal and RVH are in the rotation, the bullpen is going to be a mess. The team will need to carry 7 guys in the bullpen because of the amount of use the long relievers get when Anibal and RVH start.

If Fredi keeps RVH in the rotation, I hope he's smart enough not to have Anibal and RVH pitch on consecutive days. I have my doubts they won't line up that way.

Comment

2 run double by Mike Lamb! Fish up 2-0!
      --------------------
      CC with an RBI double. 3-0 Fish!
      Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-14-2010, 01:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
        I won't disagree that he'll have results, but he is not your ideal #3. He's a 4/5. He lacks the stuff to be a dominant strikeout guy, and his breaking stuff is really all max effort.

Sanchez figures to give us a lot of 5 or 6 inning starts. That's fine, no arguments here, but you want your middle guys to be able to go the distance when they're "on." Anibal's arm really won't allow that. If he's "on" he'll still likely have 100 pitches by the end of the 5th and then we have to rely on 4 bullpen innings.
        Do you not think Volstad can average 6+ innings a start this year? Because really, I think they slot Anibal 3 this year, but Volstad has to be considered our third best option of getting to 180+ innings.

I agree completely that Anibal/West/Miller/RVH are probably 5+ innings pitchers and there's going to need to be some reliever(s) on the staff that's going to have to pitch a normal 60 IP workload, and add on 30 extra innings to account for SP inconsistency. Badenhop and Hensley come to mind here.

Comment

Hanley with an RBI double! 4-0 Fish!
          --------------------
          Peterson scores in a wild pitch! 5-0 Fish!
          --------------------
          Helms flies out to center to end the inning. Fish up 5-0, top 6.
          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
            Do you not think Volstad can average 6+ innings a start this year? Because really, I think they slot Anibal 3 this year, but Volstad has to be considered our third best option of getting to 180+ innings.

I agree completely that Anibal/West/Miller/RVH are probably 5+ innings pitchers and there's going to need to be some reliever(s) on the staff that's going to have to pitch a normal 60 IP workload, and add on 30 extra innings to account for SP inconsistency. Badenhop and Hensley come to mind here.
            He could close in on 200 innings, he could also get those innings at AAA. I hate the thought of counting on Volstad for anything this year. He should be your "take one for the team, eat those innings" 5 starter, not the save the season #3.

Comment

Wood pitching.
              --------------------
              Interesting double play. Wood almost throw it into center but they still got the double play out of it.
              --------------------
              Pinto pitching.
              Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-14-2010, 02:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

McDougal kills the shutout. RBI double by some Met guy with two outs in the 9th. 5-1 Fish!
                --------------------
                Fish win 5-1!
                Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-14-2010, 02:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Metes @ Marlins

Comment

Good game, nice crowd, beautiful day.

Jai Miller badly misplayed a ball inthe outfield, but the defense overall looked good. Wish Stanton would have played, guess I'll have to see him in Jacksonville.

Anibal looked good. John Maine was awful for the Mets, but we couldn't do anything with Santana. Lot of first pitch pop ups.

I like Tim Wood.
                    poop

Comment

Working...
                    X