This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Bill: Marlins @ Orioles ("B" Game); Marlins @ Rays

The Marlins are making up today's rainnout with a 7 inning "B" game tomorrow at 10 am. Then they are going down I-75 to Port Charlotte to take on the Rays.

If I can drag myself out of bed in the morning, I'll probably try to make it to the "B" game (they do let the general public watch those, don't they?). If I go, I'll post game updates in here for everyone.

I don't get the point of making up making up Spring games.
    --------------------
    hehe I typed making up twice.
    Last edited by Chewford; 03-12-2010, 02:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Yeah I'm also confused with making up a rained out game, it screws up the throw schedule. West is going tomorrow in the B game.

Comment

Frisaro said it is so both the Marlins and the Orioles can get work in for their pitching staffs.

Ricky is still starting the game against the Rays (going 4 innings) and Miller is following him.

Comment

Yeah, I guess the extra work makes sense since West is likely going to NoLa anyway.

Comment

I was in New Orleans, there were indeed zephyrs, especially near the Mississippi. Thought I should inform you all. West can go to NOLA and drink Hand Grenades and eat Jumbalaya to work on his mechanics.

I guess B games are cool, gives random people some playtime and the pitching for the Marlins and O's are chaotic anyways.
            Last edited by Chewford; 03-12-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Reason they play are simple

Arms get some innings
              Guys who are prospects get a look against decent talent instead of DSL and RL Guys

For US biggest reason

Make cash on food and merchandise

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Arms get some innings
                Guys who are prospects get a look against decent talent instead of DSL and RL Guys

For US biggest reason

God damn it.

It's a B game at 10 in the morning.

Comment

They can make tree fitty.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Arms get some innings

For US biggest reason

Face with a P

Comment

I just thought about something. A seven inning game is probably going to take at least 2 hours to play. With the "B" game starting at 10, it won't get done until after noon. It's about an hour drive from Sarasota to Port Charlotte. If I go to the "B" game, I'll miss the beginning of the game against the Rays. No offense to Sean but I'd much rather see Ricky pitch. I think I'll go get my ticket for the Orioles game refunded instead of paying full price for half of a game (because I'd have to leave early to not miss the start if the game vrs. the Rays).

Sorry guys. We'll have to wait for the beat writers to tell us what happens in the "B" game.

Comment

I'd rather see Marlins-Rays.

Comment

Working...
                        X