No announcement yet.

Extending Johnson is Marlins' "top Priority" This Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His release point is not the issue here, dude. That's from his last start, which was a pretty bad one. Release point looks mostly fine. About 5 times in that game his release point wasn't consistent, and only one of the outliers was put in play.

Looking at some of his game logs, he seems to get in trouble when he gets too predictable. A lot of times he'll be cruising and mixing up well and then he'll reach a point where it is Fastball, curveball, fastball, changeup, fastball, curveball, fastball, curveball."
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 10-09-2009, 05:21 PM.
    poop

Comment

Never been a huge fan of Sanchez. I still think the kid they are going to run out there and stick by expecting to figure it out will be Miller. If for no other reason then the miggy trade and the kid is a lefty with good makeup. Just seems lefties traditionally take a little longer to put it together fully.

Johnson, Nolasco and Miller are the three I am sure will be in the rotation next year (at least in my eyes). After that not sure what will happen, I wouldnt even be surprised if Sanchez is the one that ends up moved. Specially with the arby bickering before over time gained durring the injuries.

Comment

Sanchez is 100000000000000 times more likely to be in the 2010 opening day rotation.

His arbitration number figures to be slightly less than Miller's 2010 contracted salary, and that alone is enough for me to think Miller might be on the block this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
          Sanchez is 100000000000000 times more likely to be in the 2010 opening day rotation.

His arbitration number figures to be slightly less than Miller's 2010 contracted salary, and that alone is enough for me to think Miller might be on the block this offseason.
          It's going to be at least $750,000 less. Anibal, Volstad, and West will be a toss up the same price as just Andrew Miller. Literally.

I could see them moving Miller in the right situation. We'd have to get something pretty damn good back though.

Comment

If a deal cannot be reached with Johnson, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the block eventually unless of course the FO really wants to win in 2010 or 2011 and keeps him for the 2 years and lets him walk which will happen if a deal is not reached by midseason.

Sanchez just doesn't have the trade value with his injury history. I love Sanchez and when healthy he is easily my number 2 on this staff behind JJ

Volstad and West are both very young and club controlled. Volstad would also be selling low on unless you don't think he will improve. West hasn't proven much but he is a lefty and young. So neither has the value coming back that we would like to receive.

One of RVH, Nolasco and Miller will probably be gone. Miller is a year older then West and has collected a lot more service time. RVH is out of options so he needs to be stashed somewhere in the rotation or bullpen. If the rotation is filled I wouldn't mind trying him out in the closer role. He does have problems going deep into games but depending on the rest of the staff that may not matter. Nolasco is getting expensive and I would much rather keep JJ longer then have both for 2 years. If a deal is reached with JJ, I see Nolasco out the door. Even without JJ multi-year contract, I would like to see Nolasco be the first of the starters out the door. It's not a matter of not liking him or thinking that he is the least valuable of the starters, it is the fact that I choose JJ over Nolasco any day of the week and Nolasco is the only other starter that will guarantee something of value and use in return.

Comment

If the Marlins have no intention of re-signing JJ/are unable to come to an agreement with JJ, then it's best to trade him now, when his value is highest (coming off a great year, further away from FA, still has a reasonable arb figure if the team acquiring him goes that route for '10) than wait until next offseason or even let him go as a free agent.

Trading JJ would suck, and it's obviously not the ideal outcome, but if for whatever reason he can't come to a long term agreement this offseason, they need to deal him now.

Comment

Trade him for that fat drunk guy.

Comment

Yeah, send him to Detroit for Miggy.

Comment

Yeah, send him to Detroit for Miggy.
                    I know everyone would love to see miggy back in a fla uni but be realistic people, JJ won't be traded for a high salary player.

Comment

Swift was just swinging his big dick, but he doesnt know whats he talking about

Comment

beefs rite

Comment

The Marlins, who haven't had serious trade talks yet on Dan Uggla and Jeremy Hermida, are preparing a multiyear offer for Josh Johnson.
                          http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...303543-p2.html

Comment

If JJ were smart, he'd turn it down before St Claire ruins his career. Not that I don't want JJ back. I just hate that St Claire now has the opportunity to destroy our pitchers. Just thinking about that makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                              If JJ were smart, he'd turn it down before St Claire ruins his career. Not that I don't want JJ back. I just hate that St Claire now has the opportunity to destroy our pitchers. Just thinking about that makes me sick to my stomach.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Working...
                                X