Anibal Leads Marlins to Win #87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anibal Leads Marlins to Win #87

Anibal kept getting stronger as the game went on.

CC made a strong case for why he should be the RotY.

Anibal's ERA is now in the 3s.

Comment

This rotation could be deadly next year if Volstad improves.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
        This rotation could be deadly next year if Volstad improves.
        I know what Swift will say to this.

Also, we're going to win 88 games (maybe) and not make the playoffs. Damn.
        poop

Comment

i really like anibal sas our number 3

Comment

I wouldn't get too carried away with the Anibal love. Yes, he has been good lately but he can't stay healthy and has been knocked around a little earlier this year. If he posted that sub-4 ERA over 30 starts, then I would be impressed.

I'm not hating and I would love to see Anibal pitch like this lately for all of next year but Anibal's near inability to stay healthy makes him a huge question mark. If he can do that, and Volstad and Nolasco can avoid those slumps they were in (Nolasco early in the year, Volstad late) and we can get a serviceable #5 out of Miller/West/VandenHurk, then, yes, our rotation would be downright lethal.
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 10-03-2009, 08:10 PM.

Comment

That's a lot of ifs.

Comment

I know. It is a lot to hope for but, based on Beinfest's comments when asked about going after a starter ("There have been certain situations where we think those guys have been over valued in the market and we would prefer to go with a young guy…Those guys can help, but they have to be at the right price point and you can't really trade off the potential performance of a young guy unless we truly don't think he's ready or is going to be non-competitive."), I highly doubt our rotation looks much different than what we had to start this year. The only difference I see could be West over Miller, or Sanchez being hurt and having both lefties in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  I wouldn't get too carried away with the Anibal love.

Anyway, historic game for the team today.

Cantu got RBI 100 and gave us two RBI guys on the same team for just the third time in team history; '05 (Delgado, Cabrera) '01 (Floyd, Lowell).

That's huge.

And yeah, Anibal's great, I'm really happy to have him back.

Comment

Working...
                  X