Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Fire Chip Bowers

https://amp.local10.com/sports/mlb/m...re-chip-bowers

Well that’s certainly unexpected. Seemed to be very devoted and doing a pretty good job as far as I could tell.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I just don't understand this at all, unless he did something inappropriate. To fire him after a year on the job doesn't make sense. And if they unrealistically expected park changes to triple attendance overnight, they're delusional.

Comment

Dude went from leading a winning franchise (Warriors) to a losing franchise and got fired for it not being an instant success.

Even if revenue is a problem that's due to killing any semblance of a fan base over the course of seven seasons.

Congrats on letting go one of the few smart people in the room.

Comment

Jeter still as arrogant as ever....and delusional.....

https://deadspin.com/derek-jeter-is-...QVVcl1KHm0551I

Comment

Definitely a bad look. Really wouldn’t surprise me if the owners voted Jeter out of the CEO spot in the future.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
              Definitely a bad look. Really wouldn’t surprise me if the owners voted Jeter out of the CEO spot in the future.
              Hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                I think it's a possibility.....he sold the other owners on "Project Wolverine" and now he hasn't delivered

Comment

This is some Loria bullshit right here.

- - - - - - - - - -

You can't, just can't, put the lineup you put out there on opening day and say you are surprised the team has a poor record. You're insulting everyone's intelligence, most importantly the fans that you're "surprised" aren't coming to the games. Sometimes you just gotta keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    This is some Loria bullshit right here.

- - - - - - - - - -

You can't, just can't, put the lineup you put out there on opening day and say you are surprised the team has a poor record. You're insulting everyone's intelligence, most importantly the fans that you're "surprised" aren't coming to the games. Sometimes you just gotta keep your mouth shut.
                    Team Stats....222 BA, 26th, 85 RBI 32nd (next is the Pirates at 95), 234 RBI (tied for 27th), 90 runs (last place), HR 28 (tied for 28th with 2 other teams), .607 OPS (last place), No triples & only 36 doubles (last place).....

that all means BORING baseball.....and Jeter is disappointed in attendance.....Jeter GTFOH

Comment

at least bring in the fuckin fences

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                        at least bring in the fuckin fences
                        This. It’s still way too big in way too many places.

Comment

It seems like a Loria-level knee jerk reaction to something.

I'm with y'all on bringing the fences in more. We don't need to make it Citizens Bank Park, but it's still too cavernous. Yet we still don't have a triple and at the bottom of the list for doubles.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            It seems like a Loria-level knee jerk reaction to something.

I'm with y'all on bringing the fences in more. We don't need to make it Citizens Bank Park, but it's still too cavernous. Yet we still don't have a triple and at the bottom of the list for doubles.
                            I don't think the numbers are all that different on the road. I think they just stink, period

Comment

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                              I don't think the numbers are all that different on the road. I think they just stink, period
                              while this is true, I think the park is still way too big even for great hitters. Yelich exploded power wise the second he left and went to milwaukee and there are way too many balls that are crushed that end up on the warning track. Just bring in the fences 10 feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X