• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Sergio Romo

1 year/2.5m plus incentives

per Jesse Sanchez
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

They signed Romo. $2.5.

Saves handcuff in place.

- - - - - - - - - -

Good deal. That pays for itself if the take Steckenrider/Conley to arbitration.

Comment

Good signing. Solid veteran that can pitch late in games and will have some value at the deadline.

I'd like to see them sign 1 more guy for the pen. Maybe Bud Smith or at least someone on a minor league deal. Perhaps AJ Ramos, Axeford, or Casilla. If they pitch well it is like getting a free prospect at the deadline.

Outside of that, they could really use another OF.
      Last edited by fauowls44; 02-12-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Tjfla, are they in on another bullpen piece?

Comment

Fantastic signing. Front office seems to have learned from last years mistake of not signing enough vets. Give me 1 more rp, 1 more of, and then a backup catcher option and let’s get this evaluation year going

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            If they are going to do that, it should be a lefty IMO. Diekman, Cedeno, Loup, Logan, old friend Jennings. There is some legitimate arm talent out there for a good 2/3rd bullpen lefty and maybe a little upside if they have a good year. I suspect those guys are all holding out for MLB deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              They had ML offers out to Bud Smith,Vincent,Adam Warren. Then was reported by Rosenthal had interest in Romo(whom we signed). I should hear if still have offers soon but assume all do since 1 spot open

They got Invite offers to AJ,few LHP,few other RP

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
              If they are going to do that, it should be a lefty IMO. Diekman, Cedeno, Loup, Logan, old friend Jennings. There is some legitimate arm talent out there for a good 2/3rd bullpen lefty and maybe a little upside if they have a good year. I suspect those guys are all holding out for MLB deals.
              They want 1 or 2 LHP but on INVITE only deals. Heard they like Cedeno and Jennings but like said tons of talent out there

One thing about FA(Arms/Bats) is they want guys who have value and can flip at the deadline. Rather have young guys like Garcia/Quijada/Dean seeing if they can swim in 2019 and stick around in 2020 than sign a FA

Comment

I could be mistaken but didn’t tjfla say there was no chance the Marlins would be using an Opener?

https://www.mlb.com/news/marlins-thi...rs/c-303882586

Comment

TJ, you keep saying Bud Smith. Do you mean the St. Louis Cardinal who pitched a no hitter like two decades ago or do you mean Bud Norris?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    TJ, you keep saying Bud Smith. Do you mean the St. Louis Cardinal who pitched a no hitter like two decades ago or do you mean Bud Norris?
                    I'm pretty sure he means Norris. I remember him making a similar mistake in another thread and correcting it.

Comment

Working...
                    X