X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s Gone: Home Run Sculpture to Move Outside Ballpark

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...220118635.html

The marlins will pay the county $2.5M if Grooms devalues it
    Last edited by rmc523; 10-17-2018, 12:15 PM.

you mean 2.5M
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Never got the hate that the art received but I can see why they want to attempt a fun, standing room only section for fans.

Comment

Well the statue sucked so good riddance. Legitimate eye sore having to stare at that thing over the years.

Comment

I didnt mind the statute or really care at all but interested to see what they do with that area as well as what they do with the entire ballpark after an entire year of observation.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            you mean 2.5M
            Yeah, that's what happens when you type in the middle of something and just click post without checking it beforehand.

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Never got the hate that the art received but I can see why they want to attempt a fun, standing room only section for fans.
            Yeah, I agree. It's definitely....unique....but I don't see it as THAT bad that taking it down needs to be a top priority. I also fear the park will look boring and ordinary with just a standing section there, but I guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              Yeah, that's what happens when you type in the middle of something and just click post without checking it beforehand.

Yeah, I agree. It's definitely....unique....but I don't see it as THAT bad that taking it down needs to be a top priority. I also fear the park will look boring and ordinary with just a standing section there, but I guess we'll see.
              I feel like a lot of the reasoning for taking it down isnt solely because they might think its bad, i think a lot of it has to do with just removing every hint of the previous era and trying to stop being a laughing stock continuously for things that have nothing to do with the play on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                I feel like a lot of the reasoning for taking it down isnt solely because they might think its bad, i think a lot of it has to do with just removing every hint of the previous era and trying to stop being a laughing stock continuously for things that have nothing to do with the play on the field.
                Yeah, I can understand that too.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  trying to stop being a laughing stock continuously for things that have nothing to do with the play on the field.
                  You mean like opening the roof when it’s 92 degrees out and blaming the Stanton trade on Stanton?

Comment

I wonder if they'll put a camera facing it and show it going off outside on the video board in the park?

Comment

Working...
                    X