Marlins trade Kyle Barraclough to Nationals for IFA money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins trade Kyle Barraclough to Nationals for IFA money

Barraclough traded to the Nationals for IFA money...we have to be getting close to having enough to sign these 3 guys...

Clearly the move is to get Victor Victor and the others. Still I gotta laugh at trading Barraclough for cash. Goodbye 2019 Rolaids Relief Winner!

Comment

Holy shit thats selling pretty low unless they are positive they can get all 3. I didnt like Barraclough all that much cause he is way too wild but his value plummetted and they fucked up the deadline.

- - - - - - - - - -

I wonder if they already know the number for all 3 and are doing whatever it takes to get there. ITs worth it if they get all 3 and i have to think they know they can do that.

Comment

You would hope this brings significant IFA money, but either way, this is yet another example of this team selling low on a player. His value was a really good prospect package two weeks before the deadline, and now they're selling him just for IFA space? They had better get all 3 of these guys, or else they might be reaching new depths of incompetence.

Comment

Mike Hill shouldn’t be here.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Went from great value to this. Still value but nothing like he was.

They have the # for ALL 3 and are trying to get to it. Hearing still need more cash

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Went from great value to this. Still value but nothing like he was.

They have the # for ALL 3 and are trying to get to it. Hearing still need more cash
              Id guess straily and/or dietrich might be next.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                You would hope this brings significant IFA money, but either way, this is yet another example of this team selling low on a player. His value was a really good prospect package two weeks before the deadline, and now they're selling him just for IFA space? They had better get all 3 of these guys, or else they might be reaching new depths of incompetence.
                So they are trading Bearclaw,Ryan Lillie and likely someone else for #1 Prospect in System and 2 young players who will be in our Top 20

They could have got a nice deal for Bearclaw before he imploded but this is NOT bad

- - - - - - - - - -

So they are trading Bearclaw,Ryan Lillie and likely someone else for #1 Prospect in System and 2 young players who will be in our Top 20

They could have got a nice deal for Bearclaw before he imploded but this is NOT bad

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Id guess straily and/or dietrich might be next.
                Talking DD,Straily and minor leaguers with them right now

Comment

Mish reporting he's hearing with the two deals, that they're very close to Baltimore now. If trading KB doesn't land you all 3, it's probably a bad trade.

Comment

Mish reporting he's hearing with the two deals, that they're very close to Baltimore now. If trading KB doesn't land you all 3, it's probably a bad trade.
                    Yeah...if they get all 3, then it's worth it.

I'm assuming that trading one more player (DD or Straily) probably will put them over the top. I'm OK dealing either for IFA money if the alternative is just non-tendering them anyway.

Comment

Yep they got 1 or 2 others they are talking still too

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

It's not horrible, but had they traded him when his value was high (even at the deadline, I bet), they probably could have still landed IFA money as well as a prospect. In a vacuum, it's not great, but whatever. The problem is, this is a Marlins trend. They continually sell low. And if they don't get all 3 of those guys now, this is pretty bad.

Also, being the #1 prospect in this system isn't saying much, and it isn't this trade alone that nets you all 3 guys, so it's not quite the same as trading him for those 3.

Comment

Have to hold judgment until we see how much. I don't know why some of you guys are instantly bombing them. He had a negative -.6 WAR last year and has declined the last 3 years. I still like him moving forward as a solid reliever, but some rose colored glasses are in effect. Also to note, saying they should have traded him in June/July - SURE. At the same time, it's not like every other team didn't know what kind of arm he is so was there really any added value? Probably nothing to cry that much about.

Practically, if Barraclough isn't getting mass saves, he's probably worth $20 million in surplus value right now, give or take. That decreases with more saves big time.

IFA isn't valued the same as real cash as there are limits on spending. Depending on what they got, this might be totally fine. I would assume we would slot in VVM as a FV50+ prospect, or Gaston as a FV45+ prospect (right?), and that's better then Barraclough value wise FOR SURE.

I think this will be an easy win if they get the IFA kids. I don't see the Marlins speculating on 3 years of Barraclough if they weren't sure they could pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            Yeah...if they get all 3, then it's worth it.

I'm assuming that trading one more player (DD or Straily) probably will put them over the top. I'm OK dealing either for IFA money if the alternative is just non-tendering them anyway.
                            ?? I don't think any other team even wants to pay DD or Straily.

Comment

Also while we definitely lost value from the deadline I don’t think barraclough is viewed as a significant reliever around the league, is arbitration eligible this year, was terrible in the second half, and has had decreased velocity the last few seasons

Comment

Working...
                              X