No announcement yet.

Uggla Wants To Stay In Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they offered Jay Jackson straight up for Uggla, I would have to say we'd strongly consider it, and quite honestly, I think it's pretty close to fair value.

A 22 year old, projectible, high end 2 who's King guys at a strong rate and is ready to be a rotation main stay by July of '10.

Sign me up.

Comment

Plus we could have a rotation with a Josh Johnson and a Jay Jackson. I mean that's pretty cool, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Flum View Post
        Plus we could have a rotation with a Josh Johnson and a Jay Jackson. I mean that's pretty cool, right?

3 MORE AND IT WOULD BE THE JACKSON 5!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM2toTBOVKc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Flum View Post
          The J Crew!
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
            3 MORE AND IT WOULD BE THE JACKSON 5!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM2toTBOVKc
            1 Jackson + 3 more Jacksons + a current Johnson does not = Jackson 5!

Comment

I'm not familiar with the concept of "JJ." I did not learn my AA-BB-CC's. God god, dammit dammit.

Comment

Really don't like much that the Giants or Cards can offer in a deal (assuming they don't move the two or untouchable players like Bumgarner and Posey) and think the Cubs might be our best option. Think they would be willing to move Jay Jackson in a package for Uggla which seems like fair value. Him alone though...no thanks as he still carries too much risk IMO.

I think a Jay Jackson+Starlin Castro package would be fair.

Comment

The sense I get about the likely direction of the new ownership group of the Cubs (from Chicago sports media) is that unless they are able to unload some of the bad contracts they are currently burdened with, the Cubs are not going to be as eager to part with their top prospects. Until the financial situation gets sorted out, it looks like they may look to keep salary in check by keeping more players under team control, rather than looking for quick fixes on the open market.

Comment

Working...
                  X