Trevor Rosenthal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Rosenthal

Signed Rosenthal on minors pact for 2018 IF we purchase his contract before 2019 we get him next year as well

Which means we get a RP for 5-7 million for 2019(replaces Tazawa) and another asset to trade in 2019

Who is running this team?? Great signing
    Last edited by tjfla; 04-04-2018, 09:27 AM.

I guess it's no risk for this season as it's a MILB deal, but guaranteeing him $6 million next year in his final arbitration year seems pretty aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      I guess it's no risk for this season as it's a MILB deal, but guaranteeing him $6 million next year in his final arbitration year seems pretty aggressive.
      Well not a guarantee. They can add him to 40 man Sept 25 and see how he looks. If he looks like crap u DFA him before Oct and pay him 100K but if he looks solid u get another RP for 2019 who u can trade for 6 million

Comment

Interesting. Guys in St Louis are now saying that Rosenthal has said NO DEAL

Comment

MLBTR also reporting Rosenthal has no knowledge of the deal
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

NEVERMIND!!!

Rosenthal is NOT signing with Miami or anyone according to Boras
            Last edited by tjfla; 04-04-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Does Nightengale ever get a Marlins related story correct?

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Does Nightengale ever get a Marlins related story correct?
                Nope. Frisaro is probably his source in Miami

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Signed Rosenthal on minors pact for 2018 IF we purchase his contract before 2019 we get him next year as well

Which means we get a RP for 5-7 million for 2019(replaces Tazawa) and another asset to trade in 2019

Who is running this team?? Great signing
                  Looks like the typical Marlins after all haha.

Comment

Seems pretty irrelevant to me.

Takes from six games:
                    1) Castro making himself marketable. Not just reaching base, but playing stellar D. Be nice to move that salary.
                    2) What to do about Prado? Anderson has looked okay, certainly a less painful option than Prado. IMO, Dietrich is a real option there too - better than OF
                    3) As the least disciplined hitter, Brinson is not seeming right at leadoff. I vote Maybin for the time being.
                    4) Wish Straily was healthy so we could trade him.

Comment

I'd say Anderson has looked significantly better than okay. Especially when you take into account the pitchers we've faced so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        Seems pretty irrelevant to me.

Takes from six games:
                        1) Castro making himself marketable. Not just reaching base, but playing stellar D. Be nice to move that salary.
                        2) What to do about Prado? Anderson has looked okay, certainly a less painful option than Prado. IMO, Dietrich is a real option there too - better than OF
                        3) As the least disciplined hitter, Brinson is not seeming right at leadoff. I vote Maybin for the time being.
                        4) Wish Straily was healthy so we could trade him.
                        Yeah, since getting rid of more salary is what we need to be concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Yeah, since getting rid of more salary is what we need to be concerned about.
                          I don't begrudge ownership for not wanting to lose money.

On announcers: In addition to sounding the same, both Paul and Todd have decided to subtract a syllable from Al-can-ta-ra. It's not Al-can-tra, guys! Save mispronunciations for the opposing teams. Given that such a large part of the audience speaks Spanish, it's damn important to get the names right.
                          Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-04-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            I don't begrudge ownership for not wanting to lose money.

On announcers: In addition to sounding the same, both Paul and Todd have decided to subtract a syllable from Al-can-ta-ra. It's not Al-can-tra, guys! Save mispronunciations for the opposing teams. Given that such a large part of the audience speaks Spanish, it's damn important to get the names right.
                            Right, but without getting into the same offseason debate, the priority should be acquiring better players in a deal, not just dumping as much money as possible.

I was wondering about that last night, but I didn't know enough to know if they were pronouncing it right (and not like it's spelled).

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                              Right, but without getting into the same offseason debate, the priority should be acquiring better players in a deal, not just dumping as much money as possible.

I was wondering about that last night, but I didn't know enough to know if they were pronouncing it right (and not like it's spelled).
                              I do agree, but i also think theres something to be said for cutting as much money now in lost seasons in the hope (maybe way too hopeful) that the savings in these early years will allow greater spending when the rebuild is coming together and we start to look for other pieces to add to the team through free agency

Comment

Working...
                              X