Marlins Park Discussion: More Outdoor Baseball in 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Park Discussion: More Outdoor Baseball in 2018

It was written about in February, but Jeter reiterated that he would like to play more games with the roof open in 2018. It is safe to assume this will likely be during night games. Opening the roof for 1:00pm and 4:00pm starts would be awful. They tried that today and the novelty wore off by the 3rd inning in 80 degree weather.

Some changes I noticed on Opening Day:

- Night Life Brewing Company is a new brewery in the parking garage. It does not have a full-service kitchen.
    - The backstop is now black.
    - The Marlins bullpen is back in leftfield.
    - The top of the bullpens are now black with a simple M logo. (Orange and blue last year.)
    - The Jose Fernandez memorial near the home plate entrance was removed and replaced with a simple bronze plaque for he and Felo Ramirez.
    - Ocean Bank is now a title sponsor on the scoreboard and blue quadrant.
    - All-Star Game logo was removed from the scoreboard.
    - Field is in much better shape than previous years. Did they change the grounds keeper?
    - Landscaping was installed around the US-FL-Miami flags in centerfield.
    - Water/Soda is now FIVE BUCKS!

Whoever is in charge of the team says this every year and it simply doesnt work with the humidity. Even had reports today of people complaining of how hot it was in the sun today.

- - - - - - - - - -

good to see more things going around outside the stadium bar/business wise even though i think its almost impossible for any thing to survive and stay open underneath those parking garages.

Comment

We'll see with the brewery. There is a lot of redevelopment going up along the Miami River. You are going to have a hundreds of new housing units within 6-10 blocks of Marlins Park completed within the next two years. That area is changing quickly. It's not what it was 6 years ago.

Comment

[MENTION=3]Party[/MENTION] What parking garage is the brewing company in?

Please, Jeter, don’t open the roof for the sake of opening the roof. It’s too hot. Any more than like 7 night games with the roof open is torture.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Please, Jeter, don’t open the roof for the sake of opening the roof. It’s too hot. Any more than like 7 night games with the roof open is torture.
          if they do at all it needs to only be night games super early in the year. even september is hot as hell even at night.

Comment

I was sitting in the sun and it was blazing hot. I look like a shrimp after 3 hours in the sun. I don't really care about being hot, but the sun is a killer. I had to go to shaded seat after the 5th inning.

12:40 start is terrible. Traffic was really bad to get to the ballpark and even worse to leave. It took me almost 1h 20 min from the ballpark to Sunrise (paying $11 bucks for the I95 express lane).

Last year in my opinion had more between innings entertainment like the bongo cam, dance cam etc. I enjoy that kind of thing. Especially when I take friends from Brazil and they are kinda bored out by the game.

I still think that tickets and food is too expensive. I don't want to pay $14 for a beer or $30 for a seat all the way up. I would go to more games with cheap tickets and food. When you are in a family of 4 it gets expensive really quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
              We'll see with the brewery. There is a lot of redevelopment going up along the Miami River. You are going to have a hundreds of new housing units within 6-10 blocks of Marlins Park completed within the next two years. That area is changing quickly. It's not what it was 6 years ago.
              Yeah, there are a lot of new developments that have gone up within the last couple of years just blocks away from the park.

Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Agreed.

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              if they do at all it needs to only be night games super early in the year. even september is hot as hell even at night.
              This.

Originally posted by gustavopim View Post
              I was sitting in the sun and it was blazing hot. I look like a shrimp after 3 hours in the sun. I don't really care about being hot, but the sun is a killer. I had to go to shaded seat after the 5th inning.

12:40 start is terrible. Traffic was really bad to get to the ballpark and even worse to leave. It took me almost 1h 20 min from the ballpark to Sunrise (paying $11 bucks for the I95 express lane).

Last year in my opinion had more between innings entertainment like the bongo cam, dance cam etc. I enjoy that kind of thing. Especially when I take friends from Brazil and they are kinda bored out by the game.

I still think that tickets and food is too expensive. I don't want to pay $14 for a beer or $30 for a seat all the way up. I would go to more games with cheap tickets and food. When you are in a family of 4 it gets expensive really quick.
              Games against other teams would be cheaper. Opening day + Cubs = expensive.

I agree though about the food. Someone was saying soda/water is $5 now that's ridiculous.

Comment

I saw something either on twitter or something like that in regards to the food that said the marlins should have a publix sub food place in the stadium and i thought that was brilliant. I also thought that teaming up with publix as a major partner of the team would be a really good idea. I dont think ive ever met anyone who doesnt like publix and if i did i would not want that person in my life.

Comment

I saw something either on twitter or something like that in regards to the food that said the marlins should have a publix sub food place in the stadium and i thought that was brilliant. I also thought that teaming up with publix as a major partner of the team would be a really good idea. I dont think ive ever met anyone who doesnt like publix and if i did i would not want that person in my life.
                  Publix subs are amazing. Living in TX i have nothing like that. But I do have good BBQ

Comment

That'd be a great idea. I remember reading that article too - that same article advocated calling it Publix Park instead of Marlins Park, as the naming rights sponsor.

And the ballpark's chicken tenders would be great - much better than what they have now.

Am I the only one that hates the black backstop? If you didn't know what you were watching, you'd have no idea you're seeing the Miami game.

Comment

I very much dislike the black backstop

Comment

Also, why is WB Mason seemingly a big sponsor this year? They've had multiple ads mid game and I saw them on the post game desk there. Do they even exist down here?

Comment

Miami, Orlando, Tampa
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

they seem to be big jock sniffers in the northeast. i bet they were blown away by how relatively cheap it was to advertise with miami.

Comment

Working...
                            X