No announcement yet.

Predict the Opening Day 25 Man Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that Cooper is a big time prospect or really a prospect at all, but I think he's just going to languish on the bench with very little ABs. If you have Wallach on the team you can use Telis as your main left-handed pinch-hitter. Not saying he'll be good in that role, but I really don't see many other alternatives for that role.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      according to the marlins official spring stats ortega has not played. He did have a visa issue earlier in spring but idk why else he hasnt played. I never understood why people saw him as any kind of potential roster guy.
      https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/proj...ent-hitters-2/

Comment

i guess last years line is interesting, but AAA stats can be deceiving. That and it seems like hes just destined to start the year at AAA at least.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          i guess last years line is interesting, but AAA stats can be deceiving. That and it seems like hes just destined to start the year at AAA at least.
          If he's not playing or in game shape that's one thing, but given service time concerns with Brinson, Sierra, and Lee, and the only other OF competition for likely 2 spots is SVS, JB Shuck, and Isaac Galloway, Ortega is probably top of that mountain (rather small hill).

Comment

Last try before we finalize the rosters:

C- Telis
            1b- Bour
            2b- Castro
            3b- Anderson
            LF- Dietrich
            CF- Brinson
            RF- Maybin

Bench- Rupp (waiver claim), Van Slyke, Cooper, Adames

SP- Urena, Despaigne, Caleb Smith, Richards, Peters

RP- Ziegler, Tazawa, Steck, Barraclough, Turner, O'Grady, Jumbo Diaz, Guerrero

DL- Riddle replaces Adames, Prado replaces a reliever (diaz), JT replaces either Telis or Rupp, Wittgren replaces Turner or O'Grady, and Straily replaces Richards or Peters.

Holy bleep that is a bad roster and having so many injuries already makes it look even worse. With Chen also in there we're already starting off the year without 6 guys who will be on the 25 man roster when healthy.

Comment

Working...
            X