Jeter Wants Home Run Sculpture Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Thats interesting. Im looking forward to seeing the changes they decide to make for the beginning of next year and then more likely more significant changes after next year.
    I would think the major changes to the park would happen this year, with more minor things (outfield wall colors) changing next year (assuming they aren't rebranding now).

Another interesting thing to note - ALL seat row endcaps have the current (but colorless) logo on them. If/when the logo is changed, these will either need to be replaced with pieces with the new logo, or they'll need to be covered up.

I have a hard time believing that they'll go through all this effort of re-configuring seating sections, installing new seats (in certain sections), etc. just to next year then cover up and/or replace the end caps to change the logo next year.
    Last edited by rmc523; 10-02-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Well, it did sound like they're going to reconfigure the lower seating area near the dugouts (I forgot about that in my rendering) to have fewer, but bigger seats, at least if those reports of moving ticket holders was accurate.

- - - - - - - - - -

Right after I posted that, I found this:

They've already started removing seats - these ones down the first baseline in the corners. Looks to be in the upper part of the section.

https://twitter.com/MarlinsPark/stat...59533136670720

Are we able to embed tweets here?
      Unfortunately, that was one of the plugins that led to our myfilestore redirect virus, so it's disabled
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Unfortunately, that was one of the plugins that led to our myfilestore redirect virus, so it's disabled
        No worries - I thought I remembered having it here before, but when I tried it didn't work.

At any rate, it's just a video of a guy at the park disassembling seats.

Comment

So an update on the ballpark renovations...

I decided to drive by after work and walk around the park and see what I could see.

I quickly realized I had never actually walked around the entire park (on the outside) before. I discovered a few things I didn't know were there, namely the new brewery in the north west garage - I remember people mentioning it, but never knew where it was; and the retail space in the southwest garage facing the plaza - both storefronts empty of course, but I never knew it was there....I only knew of the retail on the north side of the northern garages.

From the outside, it didn't seem like there's much in the way of renovations going on aside from general maintenance such as pressure cleaning the pathways. The 5th base remains just a fancy tent - honestly I'd never seen it before either.

I went down there to try to peek inside, and more importantly to see if there was any sort of work on that northeast corner where they proposed moving the home run sculpture to. There wasn't any work being done there, and the top of the sculpture was intact from what I could see from the outside (roof and windows were open).

Walking around further, in the southeast garage, there were stacks of something in the bottom floor - I'm not sure if it was fencing or construction materials. It was too far away to tell what it was. Also on the southeast corner of the park in the loading bays, I saw several of those Waste Management dumpster bag things filled with seats that have been removed. Too bad they're just going to throw them away - I'd take a couple (not sure what I'd do with them, but I'd take them).

Anyway, I didn't take any pictures, as they wouldn't have shown up well through the blue windows and distance, but the only interior changes I could see from the Clevelander area was down the 1st baseline in the upper corner where that previous video showed the guy taking out seats. There were three sections extending from the baseline wall which had the top.....eh...10-20 rows (maybe?) removed. There didn't seem to be any work done yet beyond removing the seats in that area. Otherwise, I couldn't see any other changes from that vantage point. I couldn't really see the second or upper deck, and I did not see any seats removed in the areas above the dugouts where they were moving ticket holders (and presumably making seating changes there too).

I may continue going every few weeks to see if I can see anything going on if anyone is actually interested.

Comment

Thanks for that. Did I miss it or did they never give the reason for taking out those seats? I cant remember any reason being given off the top of my head.

Comment

Thanks for that. Did I miss it or did they never give the reason for taking out those seats? I cant remember any reason being given off the top of my head.
              Not publicly yet anyway. We've just speculated so far that it'll be more SRO perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                Not publicly yet anyway. We've just speculated so far that it'll be more SRO perhaps.
                Hmmm thats kind of weird. Youd think if they are publicly showing that seats are being removed that they would have already explained why.

Comment

Hmmm thats kind of weird. Youd think if they are publicly showing that seats are being removed that they would have already explained why.
                  The only comments on seating I’ve seen were in regards to the home run sculpture area, and that was just an “if” we move it. The comment with the video just said “ballpark enhancements begin now” or something pretty close to that.

Comment

Working...
                  X