Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I agree on Toronto with Vlad, but the Braves system is unreal and Acuna is realistically not available for a multitude of reasons, so getting a bunch of their pitching back would be ok with me.

Id obviously want Bichette and Vlad, but they will almost assuredly not give us both of those guys.

If im the marlins, i try hard for Yelich to the braves and then see if we could swing a deal with Houston for Realmuto. They have a really good system as well and not many holes on their ML roster so a deal makes sense.
    Yep I would love Vlad JR but Philly and Atlanta could offer more than Vlad Jr,Alford and Zeuch(Which is best u get if NO Bo or Osuna as #2 guy)

Washington is NOT in on Yelich. They are in on JT. Houston starts a deal with Francis Martes and Yordan Alvarez OR try for Kyle Tucker.
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-29-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Yep I would love Vlad JR but Philly and Atlanta could offer more than Vlad Jr,Alford and Zeuch(Which is best u get if NO Bo or Osuna as #2 guy)
      Who knows if they would do it, but if we would be able to get Vlad JR, id be ok with just getting 4-5 quality prospects total. Vlad, Alford, and 2 of their best pitching prospects would be a great deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pache doesnt really do much for me. Also, we need to add a legit top prospect bat at some point in these trades if we do trade Yelich and Realmuto.

- - - - - - - - - -

I also dont understand why Philly would be in on any of these guys. Braves i could understand because they have so much pitching depth, are realistically not that far off from contending, and have a need with their offense, but Philly is nowhere near contending and i have no idea why they would be interested in trading significant prospects for either of those guys.

- - - - - - - - - -

That would be such a marlins move to start a deal off with Francis martes. Not that he's a bad prospect, just the entire situation getting him as the centerpiece would be very marlins.

Comment

Who knows if they would do it, but if we would be able to get Vlad JR, id be ok with just getting 4-5 quality prospects total. Vlad, Alford, and 2 of their best pitching prospects would be a great deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Pache doesnt really do much for me. Also, we need to add a legit top prospect bat at some point in these trades if we do trade Yelich and Realmuto.
        I am with both u guys on Vlad Jr the problem is after him its a massive dropoff. I like TJ Zeuch but all 6 of Atlanta's P are better than him,Pearson throws 100 but is far off and Alford can't stay healthy. If they get Bo OR Osuna as #2 it makes a big difference

Like usual just saying what I hear Yelich-Atlanta,Philly,SD,LAD and Toronto in that order right now JT-Washington,Houston,Texas,Arizona are very interested but he is NOT on market yet
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-29-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          I am with both u guys on Vlad Jr the problem is after him its a massive dropoff. I like TJ Zeuch but all 6 of Atlanta's P are better than him,Pearson throws 100 but is far off and Alford can't stay healthy. If they get Bo OR Osuna as #2 it makes a big difference

Like usual just saying what I hear Yelich-Atlanta,Philly,SD,LAD and Toronto in that order right now JT-Washington,Houston,Texas,Arizona are very interested but he is NOT on market yet
          my atlanta prospect obsession coming to fruition would be super cool. Their pitcher's are all really good. Id want 2/3 of Wright, Allard, or Soroka and then maybe another guy like Wentz. Alex Jackson also makes a ton of sense if we deal Realmuto.

Wright, Allard/Soroka, Wentz, and Alex Jackson would be awesome.

Comment

• I’d be happy with JT to Astro’s and Yelich to Braves. They are gonna screw it up though.

Anderson, Wright, Pache, Contreras from Braves.

Forrest Whitley, Jordan Alvarez, Rogelio Armenteros for Astros.
            Last edited by Ralph; 12-29-2017, 05:40 PM.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

my atlanta prospect obsession coming to fruition would be super cool. Their pitcher's are all really good. Id want 2/3 of Wright, Allard, or Soroka and then maybe another guy like Wentz. Alex Jackson also makes a ton of sense if we deal Realmuto.

Wright, Allard/Soroka, Wentz, and Alex Jackson would be awesome.
              Looks like its gonna be 2 of Gohara,Allard,Soroka,Wentz,Anderson,Wright then a mid level arm like Bryse Wilson,Ricardo Sanchez,Drew Harrington. It could be 3 but hearing they prefer Pache to another arm

They like Jackson alot however not sure he stick behind the plate which is way I mentioned Cumberland and Herbert. My janitor friend only heard C but not who.

Pache/Allard/Gohara/Alex Jackson/Wilson and Markakis for Yelich and Prado is a very solid deal

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
              I’d be happy with JT to Astro’s and Yelich to Braves. They are gonna screw it up though.

Anderson, Wright, Pache, Contreras from Braves.

Forrest Whitley, Jordan Alvarez, Rogelio Armenteros for Astros.
              Well JT isn't 100% yet but if they get a young C somehow then ya Houston makes most sense.

Francis Martes,Yordan Alvarez,Armenteros,Freudis Nova and Garrett Stubbs? Nova is a guy we signed but then said NO and Stubbs is backup C type. Hard to know what they would want but they arent gonna deal him until after Yelich/if at all
              Last edited by tjfla; 12-29-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• If they trade Yelich they will trade Realmuto. Makes no sense to trade only 1 of those guys. Just a matter of the order and it looks like Yelich will go first.

- - - - - - - - - -

And then trade Straily. And then Bour at the deadline.

Comment

If they trade Yelich they will trade Realmuto. Makes no sense to trade only 1 of those guys. Just a matter of the order and it looks like Yelich will go first.
                  Agreed just saying they havent made the decision yet. Yelich is all but gone already-they have had offers that they liked since the WInter Meetings but held off on talk till after holidays. JT they havent gotten any great offers on yet and him saying he wanted to be dealt hasnt helped

By way Yelich has "requested" a trade but agent and team trying to keep it out of the public.

Straily,Castro,Bearclaw have all been getting hits

Comment

• Forgot about Castro too. If we deal all of these guys our farm system should be fairly stacked.

Comment

Forgot about Castro too. If we deal all of these guys our farm system should be fairly stacked.
                      They are cool keeping Bour,Castro and Markakis(if get) till deadline when contenders need a bat. The Markakis inclusion is more about them taking on Prado instead of whole 28 million he only costs like 13 million

2018 season is already over. Only suspense is when do they call up the young guys so they get an extra year of control

Comment

• If they can pretty much flip Markakis for Prado without the Yelixh haul being affected you do that every time.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                          If they can pretty much flip Markakis for Prado without the Yelixh haul being affected you do that every time.
                          definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                            If they can pretty much flip Markakis for Prado without the Yelixh haul being affected you do that every time.
                            Exactly. Braves need a 3B for 2018 and Prado is 2/28.5. Markakis is 1/10.5 and Scott Kazmir is 1/16. Either 1 of them could be included. Its a compromise instead of Atlanta taking on full contract and sending less prospects they send same prospects and a big contract back to us that is a FA in 2019

I have heard either of them could be in the deal I just say Markakis cause we could use a OF but Kazmir could be included instead

- - - - - - - - - -

Who knows maybe Philly blows everyone out of the water? Just watch for those 5 teams for Yelich starting next week

White Sox could jump in but very unlikely-they didnt like our starting asking price at all

Comment

• If we could also manage to get Ozzie albies in a deal id take that instead of a 2nd good starting pitching. he's gonna be a star.

Comment

• How many no power all defense young outfielders can the Marlins collect? If they do get Pache he would be in that mold as well fast centerfielder with no power. I understand the Braves have young pitching but I don't really see any hitters other then Acuna who they won't trade. So if they only come away with 2 upper echelon pitchers I don't see a Braves trade as being a huge overpay prospect wise. I know you want to get as much pitching as possible but at some point you have to get some hitters especially since there are none in the system right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X